Leadville Designs AC&F 30' RGS/C&S/F&CC/NCNG Boxcar kit available NOW

Bill M

Greetings All! Just a note to let you all know that the RGS/C&S 30' AC&F boxcar kits are now shipping! The F&CC/NCNG are on schedule to ship next week. The "As delivered" pre- safety appliance act C&S versions are tracking well for delivery November and are available now for pre-order.

https://leadvilledesigns.com/

threefootmodels@...

Does the MOW Bunk Car kit include trucks?

Bill M

Thanks for asking, these kits do not include trucks. The correct trucks are available from San Juan.

Cheers
Bill

On Fri., 22 Oct. 2021 at 10:35 p.m., threefootmodels via groups.io
<threefootmodels@...> wrote:
Does the MOW Bunk Car kit include trucks?

threefootmodels@...

I am having trouble finding them if you could provide a link that would be awesome. That kit looks great by the way.

John Stutz

The San Juan Details website does not currently list any of the former Grandt HOn3 trucks.

On Friday, October 22, 2021, 11:16:47 PM EDT, threefootmodels via groups.io <threefootmodels@...> wrote:

I am having trouble finding them if you could provide a link that would be awesome. That kit looks great by the way.

Bill M

If it doesn't, it soon should. I know they have them!

<threefootmodels@...> wrote:
Does the MOW Bunk Car kit include trucks?

John Stutz

The San Juan Details listings for the former Grandt C&S Box and Stock cars state that those kits include MicroTrains trucks.  Presumably the Gondola and Refrigerator also have these trucks.  If San Juan has produced the Grandt HOn3 trucks, they really need to list them on the website.

They do list the O scale trucks.

John Stutz

<threefootmodels@...> wrote:
Does the MOW Bunk Car kit include trucks?

Mark Lewis

Bill,

Does this kit use Bettendorf or Arch Bar truck sets?

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

<threefootmodels=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Does the MOW Bunk Car kit include trucks?

Earl Knoob

The kit should use ACF arch bar trucks.  Not D&RGW 3'7" arch bars.

[...]

claneon30

This truck.

At first glance looks like the 3’-7” but is actually 4’ and not straight iron across the top.

Chris Lane - Editor HOn3 Annual
chrislaneon30@...

On Oct 23, 2021, at 12:36 AM, Earl Knoob <earlk489@...> wrote:

[...]

Chris,

Thanks for the info and visual of the correct truck sets.

Who did and/or who does make this truck style in HOn3 and for that matter Sn3 and On3/30?

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Sat, Oct 23, 2021, 2:57 AM claneon30 <chrislaneon30@...> wrote:
[...]

Andrew Thompson

Although San Juan did not attend the Narrow Gauge convention in Hickory this year, they did send samples of the HOn3 tank cars and the new HOn3 trucks.  I was told the holdup on the trucks is the sourcing of wheelsets.

Andy T

<threefootmodels@...> wrote:
Does the MOW Bunk Car kit include trucks?

Bill M

Hi all

There has been some confusion over which trucks are appropriate as the thread meandered some.

The RGS/C&S/F&CC/NCNG boxcar uses the AC&F 4' rigid archbar trucks. These trucks are available in Sn3 from Precision Vintage Classics and in On3/30 from San Juan Model. In HOn3 these are available in brass from Leadville Designs:

These were listed as "out of stock" but the supply was replenished yesterday.

Now the question of which trucks are appropriate for the D&RGW 04965 MOW car came up and for this car, the standard D&RGW 3'7" archbars are correct. These are/will be available from San Juan.

Hope that helps
Bill

<threefootmodels@...> wrote:
Does the MOW Bunk Car kit include trucks?

Mark Lewis

Thank you, Bill, for the information and update.

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Sat, Oct 23, 2021, 9:28 AM Bill M via groups.io <bogie286=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the info and clarification. I sure wish blackstone would start production again.

claneon30

When you are being “helpful” at 1 in the morning you sometimes forget fine details, and Bill’s post reminded me.

He is obviously correct in the truck and who makes it. The drawing I shared is from my drawing of F&CC boxcar 588 (it appears in Slim Gauge Cars-Vol 2) BUT the truck, while the right shape and journal size, has a different spring plank arrangement as seen below. That is because the original ACF trucks were replaced when the boxcar was on the Montana Southern (by old UTLX trucks that have since gone back to the C&TS for tank car restoration), and the truck my drawing is based on, is a recreation by the Colo RR Museum, using act parts. Again the shape and journals are right, but this had a steel spring plank, instead of the composite wood/steel of the ACF truck from the factory.

On Oct 23, 2021, at 7:28 AM, Bill M via groups.io <bogie286@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Chris

A close match has been available from both Precision Scale and Rio Grande, as a C&S 4' WB truck.  I do not know the current in or out-of stock status of either.

John Stutz

On October 22, 2021 11:57 PM claneon30 <chrislaneon30@...> wrote:

[...]

Bernie H

The Rio Grande Models version is not on the new website so may not be currently available. The PSC ones are available. I’ve been finding them on EvilBay from seller j-tprantle. The PSC are brass and take a bit of work to clean up and assemble. Neither come with brake beams but those are available separately from PSC and fairly easy to add.
    Bernie

On Oct 23, 2021, at 23:12, John Stutz <john.stutz@...> wrote:

Thanks Chris

A close match has been available from both Precision Scale and Rio Grande, as a C&S 4' WB truck.  I do not know the current in or out-of stock status of either.

John Stutz
On October 22, 2021 11:57 PM claneon30 <chrislaneon30@...> wrote:

This truck.
<F&CC-4'-Truck.jpg>

[...]

Brian Kopp

Bernie,
just an FYI, Joel and Teresa Prantle own the PSC line now. They will quote you direct, on any of their inventory, including what they sell on ebay under j-tprantle. They do a paypal invoice for the purchase. Email tjmodeltrains@...

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL