Topics

layout lighting

Robert Veefkind

Good afternoon Gents and Ladies too.

I have about 22 foot of lighting under a valance on my layout. Some -6 foot of it -are about 7 feet from my operating stand and accessible only by a duck under. My old bones don't like the crawling under to turn the lighting on. I see a lot of under counter lighting advertised to turn on and even dim with a wave of the hand or perhaps even waving a broom would do. The present lighting is halogen and okay but not bright enough. No battery operated stuff. Any thoughts?
Bob Veefkind

Steven Haworth

I'd get an electrician to wire several outlets throughout the layout area, then tie all of that into one switch - so you can power everything off easily from a single point.

- Steve Haworth
RGS history - http://www.rgsrr.info/
Blog - http://rgsrr.blogspot.com/               FB - https://www.facebook.com/stevesrgs/

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 3:04 PM Robert Veefkind via Groups.Io <snookdust=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Good afternoon Gents and Ladies too.

I have about 22 foot of lighting under a valance on my layout. Some -6 foot of it -are about 7 feet from my operating stand and accessible only by a duck under. My old bones don't like the crawling under to turn the lighting on. I see a lot of under counter lighting advertised to turn on and even dim with a wave of the hand or perhaps even waving a broom would do. The present lighting is halogen and okay but not bright enough. No battery operated stuff. Any thoughts?
Bob Veefkind

lloyd lehrer

I just installed a wifi controlled plug on my layout lighting yesterday it is just an on/off switch, but they make ones that are designed for dimming lites.

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

--
lloyd lehrer

Climax@...

These always candles!  Sorry, I just had to do that.