From: HOn3@groups.io <HOn3@groups.io> on behalf of Robert Herrick <rdherrick@...>
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2021 3:19 PM
To: HOn3@groups.io <HOn3@groups.io>
Subject: [HOn3] Kitwood Turntable

If anyone has a spare Kitwood Durango turntable for sale, please PM me.

Thanks!

Bob Herrick

Russ Norris

And he is a singularly pleasant and helpful person.  When I had any kind of issue - from lost screws to a blown motor - he quickly sent replacements.  You won't get that kind of support on eBay.

Russ

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021, 10:21 PM Andrew Thompson <razrbak81@...> wrote:
Why don't you contact the manufacturer? https://www.kitwoodhillmodels.com  I bought mine direct from him a couple years ago.  Even with shipping, it was still cheaper than what they were going for on ebay.  Even though the site shows only pictures/links for O scale turntables, he does state HOn3 turntables are "also available."
Kitwood Hill Models creates On30 and O scale laserkits for your model railroad
Andy T

If anyone has a spare Kitwood Durango turntable for sale, please PM me.

Thanks!

Bob Herrick

Robert Herrick

I've corresponded with Simon a couple of times about doing another run, but he reaffirmed today he is so backed up filling orders for the larger scales that it will be a very long time--if ever--that produces any more HO/HOn3 TT's.

Bob

jeromeconstantin

Hello,
I've the same "problem" as Bob...
So if a second one would sell his Druango TT, I will be interesting and he cam PM me.

Thanks and all the best,
Jerome

Andrew Thompson

That's too bad.  Simon produces wonderful kits, and is always very helpful and prompt with replies.  Perhaps if enough people requested the HOn3 TT he'd consider a new run.  However, it appears the On30 world was quicker to respond to his offerings.  When I ordered my HOn3 TT, as I recall, his site had the HOn3 TT, a OO9 TT or 2, and a couple On30.  Now he has 17 7mm/O/On30 TT listed.

Andy

I've corresponded with Simon a couple of times about doing another run, but he reaffirmed today he is so backed up filling orders for the larger scales that it will be a very long time--if ever--that produces any more HO/HOn3 TT's.

Bob

lloyd lehrer

guys; the 9" TT is just the same with a wider table.  So order a On3 9" or 10.5" and cut down the side supports accordingly. Check with simon on the effective differences.
lloyd lehrer, MANHATTAN BEACH, CA (310)951-9097

--
lloyd lehrer

Dale Buxton

I was really hoping Simon was going to do the 52 footish TT in HO sometime this year. I really need a 50 ft. TT but I was willing to settle on a 52 footer. I was not in a hurry and was willing to wait for it to happen. Well not it's not going to happen at all now and I'm back to designing and building my RGS 50 ft. TT on my own. I was really hoping to get a TT that was precision designed and executed. Simon's products seemed to be all that and more. TT's need to have close tolerances to work correctly and flawlessly. I'm not an engineer or even a mathematician. I expect a couple of fails along my way to getting my TT now. I'm very disappointed at this turn of events. I wish Simon continued success. But he's left me out in the cold at closing time. And before someone tells me to look into a Diamond scale TT. Been there, done that! Not that impressed. Even Simon had choice thoughts on them.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 9:22 AM lloyd lehrer <lloydlehrer@...> wrote:
[...]

Mike Conder

Speaking of size, can the Blackstone K-27 fit on the Kitwood HOn3 turntable (the one that isn't available now)?

Mike Conder

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 7:38 PM Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:
[...]

Mark Rosche

Hi,

Snap yourself up a copy of Fusion360 and have at it...I am in the process of doing a 65‘ TT in Sn3 to be 3D printed (SLA process)...the learning curve is not too steep (if you have worked with other CAD software)...here are a couple of pics of the design and the first test print of the middle girder portion. The first print is a test print to gauge linear shrinkage of the resin and is not perfect but if one looks closely one can see the rivet detail and the builders plate...nothing better then DIY😁

Regards,

Mark

Don‘t take life too seriously...no one gets out alive anyway....