Topics

Kit-bash of Diamond Scale 51' Turntable

Scott McLeod

Greetings everyone,

I hope this email finds everyone safe and well.

In the not so distant future, I’ll begin working on the D&RGW Ouray branch on my HOn3 layout of the Rio Grande Southern.  Having already built a couple of Diamond Scale 65’ girder turntables and being pleased with their quality, I’m contemplating kit-bashing their 51’ Wood Timber Truss turntables into a representation of the small 50’ girder turntable that the D&RGW had located in Ouray.

http://www.diamond-scale.com/images/TT060.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with this turntable kit and if so, their impressions on the kits ability to fulfill my needs?   Thanks in advance for all replies.

Scott McLeod

HOn3 RGS/D&RGW Ridgway - Durango

Jeff Reynolds

Edited

Scott, I built a 50' TT for Ridgway using the DS 51' kit's base and hardware using my bashed deck and a Peco 100' N scale TT kit for the girders. I too am doing Ouray in HOn3 with code 40 rail, the original 3-way stub in 40 and if i can find another DS kit, another 50' TT at Ouray. Here it is before the railing, turn handles and approach tracks. I too am doing Ouray and have the space.
If i can find another kit I will build one for Ouray, all in code 40 including all stub switches in code 40 including a 3-way stub that was on the original track plan. My 319 will be happy to make the Montrose/Ouray turn.
jefe

Jeff Reynolds

Here's a pic showing the Peco girders. They are a bit short so I added some material to make them come over the rollers. You can't easlily see them with the deck on.
jefe