Jan/Feb 2021 Gazette

Wayne

We're about to enter the last week of February and I still haven't received my copy of the Gazette for Jan/Feb.  Is it just me or hasn't it been mailed yet?

Russ Norris

Got mine weeks ago.

Russ

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 1:36 PM Wayne <waynewtaylorii@...> wrote:
We're about to enter the last week of February and I still haven't received my copy of the Gazette for Jan/Feb.  Is it just me or hasn't it been mailed yet?

M2fq@...

how would we know whether its mailed or not?

Gary Kohler
m2fq@...
330-719-0264

In a message dated 2/19/2021 1:36:05 PM Eastern Standard Time, waynewtaylorii@... writes:

We're about to enter the last week of February and I still haven't received my copy of the Gazette for Jan/Feb.  Is it just me or hasn't it been mailed yet?

Craig Linn

Call the publisher?

Craig

On Feb 19, 2021, at 12:07 PM, M2fq via groups.io <M2fq@...> wrote:

how would we know whether its mailed or not?

Gary Kohler
m2fq@...
330-719-0264
In a message dated 2/19/2021 1:36:05 PM Eastern Standard Time, waynewtaylorii@... writes:

We're about to enter the last week of February and I still haven't received my copy of the Gazette for Jan/Feb.  Is it just me or hasn't it been mailed yet?

Ernie Barney

Just received my copy two days ago here in SoCal.

Eric Schrowang

Wow I got mine a month ago. It has been consistently coming by the 2nd week of the month.

Eric

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021, 14:35 Ernie Barney <Chililine38@...> wrote:
Just received my copy two days ago here in SoCal.

Steve Hatch

Got mine a couple weeks ago.
  Sounds like you have a Model Railroader mailman.  (He's reading it)

claneon30

Yup.

Chris Lane - Editor HOn3 Annual
chrislaneon30@...

On Feb 19, 2021, at 12:08 PM, Craig Linn <drgw346@...> wrote:

Call the publisher?

Craig

On Feb 19, 2021, at 12:07 PM, M2fq via groups.io <M2fq@...> wrote:

how would we know whether its mailed or not?

Gary Kohler
330-719-0264
In a message dated 2/19/2021 1:36:05 PM Eastern Standard Time, waynewtaylorii@... writes:

We're about to enter the last week of February and I still haven't received my copy of the Gazette for Jan/Feb.  Is it just me or hasn't it been mailed yet?

Robert Bell

I got mine on the 7th of Feb, here in Western NC.

Rob Bell
Modeling the White Pass & Yukon Route in HOn3
Waynesville, NC

On Friday, February 19, 2021, 01:36:05 PM EST, Wayne <waynewtaylorii@...> wrote:

We're about to enter the last week of February and I still haven't received my copy of the Gazette for Jan/Feb.  Is it just me or hasn't it been mailed yet?

STEVEN WYSOWSKI

I have not received mine either. I called and they said to wait a few days then call back to have them re-send the issue.

Bill Turner

I recieved my Jan/Feb 2021 about 3 week of January but had to call White River to get my Nov/Dec 2020 after the Jan/feb issue had come. I don't what's up with the USPS but would file a complaint with the local postal manager. My main question still though is why is stuff disappearing from the postal system.
Best Regards
Bill

On Saturday, February 20, 2021, 06:06:22 a.m. PST, STEVEN WYSOWSKI <swysowski@...> wrote:

I have not received mine either. I called and they said to wait a few days then call back to have them re-send the issue.

Wayne

Thanks for all the replies.  Sounds like there's a problem over at White River.  It shouldn't take a month to mail out a small circulation issue.  Will call them on Monday.

Wayne

Must be the "squeaky wheel" syndrome.  Just got my Jan/Feb Gazette today, on Feb 20th!

claneon30

So how about we not blame White River, Wayne for delivery, when that is beyond our control? As I’ve posted many times now, ALL the issues are mailed the same day, from the same printing plant.

Like you, we certainly don’t understand how there is damn near a month timeframe on deliveries, when they are put into the mail on the same day, but here we are.

As also stated, White River will always make sure you receive the magazines you paid for, but there have been many instances in the last 9 months where a customer complained, we rushed out a replacement issue, only to have the original issue show up a fews before the replacement, so that is why we always ask for a bit of patience.

Anyone with other issues or wishing to further this discussion, feel free to contact me directly.

On Feb 20, 2021, at 11:19 AM, Wayne <waynewtaylorii@...> wrote:

Must be the "squeaky wheel" syndrome.  Just got my Jan/Feb Gazette today, on Feb 20th!

Ken Martin

It is not just the Gazette that is slow in dellivery The Bulletin for the BRHS was mailed on Nov 23 and I
didn’t receive it untill Feb 3.

Lots of things are slow with the post office now for lots of reasons.

Ken Martin

prichie@...

I got mine in the first week of the month, I'm in Ballarat Victoria ,AU. Paul R.

On Sun, Feb 21st, 2021 at 5:19 AM, Wayne <waynewtaylorii@gmail.com> wrote:

Must be the "squeaky wheel" syndrome.  Just got my Jan/Feb Gazette today,
on Feb 20th!

Russ Norris

Interesting.  I never would have known where Ballarat was had I not fallen on "The Dr. Blake Mysteries" on public television.  Great mystery show.

Russ

On Sun, Feb 21st, 2021 at 5:19 AM, Wayne <waynewtaylorii@...> wrote:

> Must be the "squeaky wheel" syndrome.  Just got my Jan/Feb Gazette today,
> on Feb 20th!

Covid19, backups, higher rates, slower delivery, lack of personnel, Theft, and problematic service are all signs out USPS is in deep trouble. I shouldn't blame anyone but what Congress did to them on the Prefunding for retirements by a hundred percent is crippling them.

It is not just the Gazette that is slow in dellivery The Bulletin for the BRHS was mailed on Nov 23 and I
didn’t receive it untill Feb 3.

Lots of things are slow with the post office now for lots of reasons.

Ken Martin

Climax@...

Most of us understand your plight Chris.  It kind of reminds me of the joke, An old Bull and a young bull standing on a hill over looking a valley of heifers'.  The young bull looks at the older one and says lets run down and get us one!  The older bull says, lets walk down and get them all.

Patience

[...]

Despite all the obstacles put in front of USPS, I haven't had any problems with them at all, even when one takes into consideration their goofy shipping routes.  I normally get 3 - 7 packages in the mail weekly, including books and other publications that come via Media Mail.  The time frames for media mail are unpredictable but I always get my media shipments within 4 to 15 days.  Last year I ordered an HOn3 locomotive from Seattle (I live one county over from Albuquerque) and the package was routed through Miami, FL, but I got it in 3 days.  On another occasion I ordered a loco from Denver and it was routed through Minneapolis and I still got it in 3 days.  The best of all was my sending a book to a local person who lives about 6 "crow miles" from me and the package went from here to Albuquerque, to Denver, back to Albuquerque, back here, and finally delivered.  That one took 17 days.  Overall, in my opinion, USPS is still the best way to ship (and UPS is the slowest).

--
Wayne Taylor