Topics

ISO: 1 Pack Precision Scale 31819 D&RGW Brake Lever Set

Matthew Dowd

Group,

I'm in need of one of the above referenced PSC part in brass to complete my 6300 series flat car kit. Please message me if you have a spare that you might be willing to part with. I'm happy to pay full retail price as well as a couple dollars for shipping. Thanks!

-Matthew Dowd

Mick Moignard

Matt,

You could always scratch build the levers!

Mick

, so please excuse the typos...

Climax@...

You could make them out of most anything.  Take a brass wire and flatten it, then cut the length and shape it with a file or sand paper.  You could so the same with plastics.  I would think that a piece of .032 wire flattened with a hammer on a metal surface would work great for that project.
Dave  (Mule)

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Apr 11, 2020 10:21 AM
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [HOn3] ISO: 1 Pack Precision Scale 31819 D&RGW Brake Lever Set

Matt,

Mick

Mark Lewis

Matt:

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 10:27 AM <Climax@...> wrote:
You could make them out of most anything.  Take a brass wire and flatten it, then cut the length and shape it with a file or sand paper.  You could so the same with plastics.  I would think that a piece of .032 wire flattened with a hammer on a metal surface would work great for that project.
Dave  (Mule)

Sent: Apr 11, 2020 10:21 AM

Matt,

Mick

Matthew Dowd

Thank you all for the responses. I'm looking for the lever fulcrum (the trapezoidal shaped part in which the lever would sit) thats in the kit. I've already scratched the levers and associated brake rods, I simply would like to use the proper part to mount it all to the bottom of the car. 

Thanks Mark for the suggestions. It looks like Pro Custom isn't shipping right now due to COVID-19, and I can't blame them. I was hoping that a member on this forum would be willing to check their parts stash and be willing to let one go if they had spares.

I appreciate your time!

-Matthew Dowd

Climax@...

That is a piece you may have to scratch build.  Have you got a picture of what its suppose to look like.  I can look at it and either make one or suggest how to easily.
DAve

Sent: Apr 11, 2020 11:52 AM

Thank you all for the responses. I'm looking for the lever fulcrum (the trapezoidal shaped part in which the lever would sit) thats in the kit. I've already scratched the levers and associated brake rods, I simply would like to use the proper part to mount it all to the bottom of the car. 

Thanks Mark for the suggestions. It looks like Pro Custom isn't shipping right now due to COVID-19, and I can't blame them. I was hoping that a member on this forum would be willing to check their parts stash and be willing to let one go if they had spares.

I appreciate your time!

-Matthew Dowd