Topics

HO Scale 1920s Automobiles

Eric Schrowang

Good Afternoon,
Are there any manufactures of HO scale 1920s autos? Keith Wisemen has a great selection of trucks but I can't seem to find any passenger Automobiles in HO scale from the 1920s time period. 

Thank You
Eric Schrowang 

Wayne

Small selection but Wiseman does have several 1929 Packards:  https://wisemanmodelservices.com/HO-Scale-HOn3/HO-NATIONAL-MOTOR-COMPANY-PACKARDS

On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 10:59 AM Eric Schrowang <eschrowang@...> wrote:
Good Afternoon,
Are there any manufactures of HO scale 1920s autos? Keith Wisemen has a great selection of trucks but I can't seem to find any passenger Automobiles in HO scale from the 1920s time period. 

Thank You
Eric Schrowang 

--
Wayne Taylor

Climax@...

Jordan vintage vehicles were the best source but unfortunately they are no longer produced.  Those individuals who do have the kits, which seemed to languish on shelves for years, are not changeing 5 to 10 times the original prices.  I don't know if they are selling at those prices or not.  Another line was by Concor which Mack made trucks and panel wagons for a while.  Its an area that is fully open for some manufacturer to come in and fill the nitch.  
It was reported that in the Jordan Models owners will he said the line would not be sold and the dies were to be destroyed, and apparently they were.  Why, who knows.  
Another source is Rio Grande Models which recently got sold and the new owner is starting to bring them back slowly.  There was an old SSLimited line of trucks but they are all soft white metal kits originally made in the 60's and 70's.  You will see Matchbox vehicles but for HO Scale they are way out of scale.
DB

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Jan 9, 2021 12:59 PM
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: [HOn3] HO Scale 1920s Automobiles

Good Afternoon,

Thank You
Eric Schrowang 

Ken Martin

Rusty Rails has a 1927 Chevy.
Sylvan Scle models has a couple 20’s cars - mostly later. https://www.sylvanscalemodels.com/hoscale_kits.htm

Older kits if you can find them.
Campbell made a model T
Athern made a number of Model A’s
Dyna Models did some 1910 cars.

You might find some European cars that would fill in the backtround.

And who knows what you might find on Shapeways.

Ken Martin

On Jan 9, 2021, at 9:59 AM, Eric Schrowang <eschrowang@gmail.com> wrote:

Good Afternoon,

Thank You
Eric Schrowang

Keith Wiseman

Wiseman Model Services has all the old Scale Structures Ltd. Truck kits.     Another good source possibly is the Wheel Works line of vehicles.