HO D&RG Refrigerator White Decal

Don Bergman

Folks,

Been running into a brick wall trying to find a White "REFRIGERATOR" decal for D&RG Refrigerator car class 1r.  A black one appears in Microscale Cecal set 87-73.

I have print custom decals but my printer will not print white.

Any ideas?

Don Bergman

Eric Schrowang

Don can you do it with white decal paper

Eric

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021, 3:42 PM Don Bergman <DBRenegade@...> wrote:
Folks,

Been running into a brick wall trying to find a White "REFRIGERATOR" decal for D&RG Refrigerator car class 1r.  A black one appears in Microscale Cecal set 87-73.

I have print custom decals but my printer will not print white.

Any ideas?

Don Bergman

Dale Buxton

Don,

CDS once made exactly what you are looking for. If that helps any.

Dale Buxton

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 1:42 PM Don Bergman <DBRenegade@...> wrote:
Folks,

Been running into a brick wall trying to find a White "REFRIGERATOR" decal for D&RG Refrigerator car class 1r.  A black one appears in Microscale Cecal set 87-73.

I have print custom decals but my printer will not print white.

Any ideas?

Don Bergman

R. W. Leibrand

Don,

   Have you checked the San Juan Models website for possible decals?  Link is below.

Good luck,
Bob

On Jul 14, 2021, at 4:51 PM, Eric Schrowang <eschrowang@...> wrote:

Don can you do it with white decal paper

Eric

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021, 3:42 PM Don Bergman <DBRenegade@...> wrote:
Folks,

Been running into a brick wall trying to find a White "REFRIGERATOR" decal for D&RG Refrigerator car class 1r.  A black one appears in Microscale Cecal set 87-73.

I have print custom decals but my printer will not print white.

Any ideas?

Don Bergman

R. W. Leibrand

Don,

   One more thought.  Do you have a photo editing program?  Try scanning black lettering, then use the “Negative” option.  The background should be black and the letters would be white.
   I’ve not tried it, but just trying to apply some critical thinking.

Good luck,
Bob

On Jul 14, 2021, at 5:10 PM, Robert W. Leibrand <rwleibrand@...> wrote:

Don,

   Have you checked the San Juan Models website for possible decals?  Link is below.

Good luck,
Bob

On Jul 14, 2021, at 4:51 PM, Eric Schrowang <eschrowang@...> wrote:

Don can you do it with white decal paper

Eric

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021, 3:42 PM Don Bergman <DBRenegade@...> wrote:
Folks,

Been running into a brick wall trying to find a White "REFRIGERATOR" decal for D&RG Refrigerator car class 1r.  A black one appears in Microscale Cecal set 87-73.

I have print custom decals but my printer will not print white.

Any ideas?

Don Bergman

John

The problem he has is that  no printer (besides Apls) prints white

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 5:08 PM, R. W. Leibrand
<rwleibrand@...> wrote:
[...]

Ken Martin

Don,

You might try to print it in a light silver. Depending an the background color it might appear white.
The C&S used aluminum leaf on their loco’s and many thought it was white.
I have used silver decals on my engines and they look white.

Ken Martin

Eric Schrowang

Actually that is no longer true. There is now a laser cartridge called Ghost White. It is made for HP and other color laser printers.
The only problem is the cost is up there. About 300.00 for the cartridge.

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021, 8:25 PM John via groups.io <spaceway1999=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

John Stutz

Don

At the recent 2021 NMRA online convention, Frank Schneider gave a clinic titled " Make Your Own Decals".  This was based on a fairly new technology developed by the folks at http://decalprofx.com/, who have a way to make white decals, as well as a wide range of colors, from black laser printer output.  It's a moderately complex multi-step lamination/delamination based process, and requires some moderately expensive hardware and materials, but should be well worth investigating.

John Stutz

On July 14, 2021 12:42 PM Don Bergman <dbrenegade@...> wrote:
Folks,
Been running into a brick wall trying to find a White "REFRIGERATOR" decal for D&RG Refrigerator car class 1r.  A black one appears in Microscale Cecal set 87-73.

I have print custom decals but my printer will not print white.

Any ideas?
Don Bergman

Richard Brennan

At 05:25 PM 7/14/2021, John via groups.io wrote:
The problem he has is that no printer (besides Apls) prints white
No...
Other digital printers that can print 'white' include the GhostWhite cartridges for CMYK laser printers,
a number of UV-LED printers (of different types with varying results), and the DecalPro laminate system.

Richard
Richard Brennan - TT-west
www.tt-west.com