From: cmdrwmriker
Sent: Sep 3, 2020 3:12 PM
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: [HOn3] Help in the Portland, OR area?

I feel like I am running out of time!  I have all kinds of cool HOn3 "stuff" and yet I cannot seem to get off the bubble; I am looking for some HOn3 comraderie; anyone interested in getting a new layout off the ground?  Thanks, bill M.

kevin b

i know exactly what you're talking about.
wish i was out that direction, i'd be glad to assist on a layout build.
the best i can offer is a back and forth via email.
maybe share photos back and forth, etc.
in fact, i'll start.
here is a pic of a bridge i'm making for some as yet un-known spot on a future layout.
it is FAR from finished......

Kevin.

I feel like I am running out of time!  I have all kinds of cool HOn3 "stuff" and yet I cannot seem to get off the bubble; I am looking for some HOn3 comraderie; anyone interested in getting a new layout off the ground?  Thanks, bill M.

cmdrwmriker

well, cool, Kevin-let's take this off forum, okay:
banjobill@q.com
who in their right mind would build a bridge to nowhere? and a roundhouse?

i know exactly what you're talking about.
wish i was out that direction, i'd be glad to assist on a layout build.
the best i can offer is a back and forth via email.
maybe share photos back and forth, etc.
in fact, i'll start.
here is a pic of a bridge i'm making for some as yet un-known spot on a future layout.
it is FAR from finished......

Kevin.

I feel like I am running out of time!  I have all kinds of cool HOn3 "stuff" and yet I cannot seem to get off the bubble; I am looking for some HOn3 comraderie; anyone interested in getting a new layout off the ground?  Thanks, bill M.

cmdrwmriker

I would like someone who is willing to trade some time-he/she at my place building an HOn3 layout and me at their place doing the same-or whatever a 73 year old white guy can do.

I feel like I am running out of time!  I have all kinds of cool HOn3 "stuff" and yet I cannot seem to get off the bubble; I am looking for some HOn3 comraderie; anyone interested in getting a new layout off the ground?  Thanks, bill M.

cmdrwmriker

specifically, I just need some fresh insight to get me motivated.

I feel like I am running out of time!  I have all kinds of cool HOn3 "stuff" and yet I cannot seem to get off the bubble; I am looking for some HOn3 comraderie; anyone interested in getting a new layout off the ground?  Thanks, bill M.

Climax@...

In that case, I retired 5 years ago, then worked on a house for a year and a half.  The railroad you see in the pictures I built in two years in my three car (w stalls) of the garage.  The third stall is my shop area.  It is HO on the lower line and HOn3 on the upper line.  Mule Pass & Woodland Railway lower line.  Woodland Davis Lumber and mining Railroad on top.

Gee, my vintage is April 1947.  I just sent you a bunch of pix of the layout I put together in the last two years.  Dave  Climax@...

I would like someone who is willing to trade some time-he/she at my place building an HOn3 layout and me at their place doing the same-or whatever a 73 year old white guy can do.

I feel like I am running out of time!  I have all kinds of cool HOn3 "stuff" and yet I cannot seem to get off the bubble; I am looking for some HOn3 comraderie; anyone interested in getting a new layout off the ground?  Thanks, bill M.

Jim Marlett

I know exactly what you are talking about, too, but I don’t live anywhere near Oregon.

And bridges to nowhere? Here is my helix to nowhere. Some day the track will reach it, but neither end has a connection now.

Jim Marlett
http://flatheaddrag.com/
http://jimmarlett.zenfolio.com/

On Sep 6, 2020, at 7:56 PM, kevin b via groups.io <arcatruck13@...> wrote:

i know exactly what you're talking about.
wish i was out that direction, i'd be glad to assist on a layout build.
the best i can offer is a back and forth via email.
maybe share photos back and forth, etc.
in fact, i'll start.
here is a pic of a bridge i'm making for some as yet un-known spot on a future layout.
it is FAR from finished......

Kevin.

kevin b

well, cool, Kevin-let's take this off forum, okay:
banjobill@q.com
who in their right mind would build a bridge to nowhere? and a roundhouse?

hello Bill.

email sent  to your off list email.
might wanna check your spam filter.....

Kevin.

Bruce

Bill M,

I have experienced the same issue on nearly every layout I have built.  With the current Covid problem I haven't been able to have my crew (I am the youngest at 69 and most healthy) over since February and it has definitely reduced my output!

And putting together a crew to help on a regular schedule is, IMHO, the absolute best way.  In addition to motivation, they can become life long friends.

These forums are one possible source.  Additionally, explain to your hobby shop owner, if you are fortunate enough to still have a hobby shop in your area, your need.  Also, he may let you post a flier in his shop.

Go to a few NMRA meetings, even as a guest.  The Division I am in allows anyone to stand up during the business meeting and say whatever they want.  Ours also allows information like this to be inserted in our newsletter.  Find out who their Editor is and ask him/her.

Good luck.

With cinders in your eyes,
Bruce Bowie
419-602-3584
in2trains@...

ftgcss

Bill,

I'm not exactly in the Portland area (I live in Battleground, Wa.) but I work out of Portland (engineer for the U.P.).  I have difficulty finding time to work on my own layout (RGS northern division). I am pretty good at xTrackCAD and would be willing to help with layout planning.

Scott

cmdrwmriker

dave absolutely stunning!  thank you for you willingness and kind words, and great photos!  You will be happy to know that a UP engineer responded to my email also, and he lives int he same small town as I do-we are practically neighbors!  so now all we gotta do is get organized!  Thanks again, be cool
bill