Topics

Groupa io bounding vs email service provider

Ian McKinley

I am sending this request to several of my lists to get recommendations on free email servers that are friendly to groupsio. My internet service provider (C0X) repeatedly  bounces mail back to groupsio as spam. Calls to Cox ether gets me nowhere or only a short lived respite. If you use a free email provider such as Gmail how is it working for you. I use Thunderbird as my email reader.

    Thank you
    Ian McKinley

Brian Kopp

Gmail and Chrome are working fine for me......

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Mike Van Hove

I use Gmail and so far, I get all the emails from this group.

Mike Van Hove
Columbia, MO

On Sep 16, 2019, at 12:49 PM, Ian McKinley <ianandrew@...> wrote:

I am sending this request to several of my lists to get recommendations on free email servers that are friendly to groupsio. My internet service provider (C0X) repeatedly  bounces mail back to groupsio as spam. Calls to Cox ether gets me nowhere or only a short lived respite. If you use a free email provider such as Gmail how is it working for you. I use Thunderbird as my email reader.

    Thank you
    Ian McKinley

Robert Bell

Yayhoo work just fine...

Rob Bell

Mark Lewis

I use gmail, with good results, promptly.

Mark Lewis

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 2:08 PM Robert Bell via Groups.Io <ionhoss=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yayhoo work just fine...

Rob Bell

Randy Hees

I use gmail for this and other groups, and use Cox at home for my home internet service....  So yes, GroupsIO on Gmail on cox works fine.

Randy Hees

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 10:49 AM Ian McKinley <ianandrew@...> wrote:
I am sending this request to several of my lists to get recommendations on free email servers that are friendly to groupsio. My internet service provider (C0X) repeatedly  bounces mail back to groupsio as spam. Calls to Cox ether gets me nowhere or only a short lived respite. If you use a free email provider such as Gmail how is it working for you. I use Thunderbird as my email reader.

    Thank you
    Ian McKinley

LARRY KLOSE

I’m a Cox subscriber with a cox email address. Most of the time it works ok except when their mail server goes down every few days. The interruption can last from a couple of minutes to a couple of hours. I use outlook for my email client, Chrome for browser.
Larry

Ian McKinley

Thank you Randy that is great to know.  One of the Cox techs told me when we first changed to Groupsio that the problem I was having with Cox is that they (Cox) contract with a service provider to check incoming emails for viruses and spam. And it is them that are flagging Groupsio as spam. He sent them a message to let Groupsio through and all was well for several months.  All other CSM's have tried to tell me I need to change the settings on my account spam filter. I always check and they are always off as I have set them to. Then they tell me that I need to buy a service contract with them and then they will fix my computer problem. This is about the fifth time I have gone through this problem, I guess it is time to get another email provider, Cox is ok for internet and the best choice where I live.  Thank you for the info.

Ian

On 9/16/2019 3:38 PM, Randy Hees wrote:
I use gmail for this and other groups, and use Cox at home for my home internet service....  So yes, GroupsIO on Gmail on cox works fine.

Randy Hees

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 10:49 AM Ian McKinley <ianandrew@...> wrote:
I am sending this request to several of my lists to get recommendations on free email servers that are friendly to groupsio. My internet service provider (C0X) repeatedly  bounces mail back to groupsio as spam. Calls to Cox ether gets me nowhere or only a short lived respite. If you use a free email provider such as Gmail how is it working for you. I use Thunderbird as my email reader.

    Thank you
    Ian McKinley

Ian McKinley

Thanks Larry

I also have interruptions with Cox email, I use Thunderbird and am use to how to set it up to filter messages into various categories. I am glad to know that some people are not having problems.

Ian

On 9/16/2019 5:25 PM, LARRY KLOSE wrote:
I’m a Cox subscriber with a cox email address. Most of the time it works ok except when their mail server goes down every few days. The interruption can last from a couple of minutes to a couple of hours. I use outlook for my email client, Chrome for browser.
Larry

Ian McKinley

Thank you Brian, Mike, Robert, Randy and Larry.

Ian