flexable tubing (again)


Robert Veefkind
 

 I ran out some time ago of the 2mm tubing and bought some from the local auto parts store and online. They were advertised as 2 mm but are slightly over-enough to make them slip. I know this has been rehashed many times but is there a secret stash somewhere ?    Bob V.


Wayne
 

Go on ebay and buy surgical tubing. Usually available in 1' lengths.


On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 1:56 PM Robert Veefkind via groups.io <snookdust=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
 I ran out some time ago of the 2mm tubing and bought some from the local auto parts store and online. They were advertised as 2 mm but are slightly over-enough to make them slip. I know this has been rehashed many times but is there a secret stash somewhere ?    Bob V.



--
Wayne Taylor


Mick Moignard
 

Tramfabriek here in the UK (tho he sells in Euros) have small diameter tubing at https://tramfabriek.nl/motors.html .  Go down to just above Gears.

Mick

________________________________
Mick Moignard
m: +44 7774 652504
Skype: mickmoignard

The week may start M,T but it always ends WTF.


John Hutnick
 

It was probably noted in the past, but for those in the US (or who are willing to order from the US), McMaster Carr is likely the best source for rubber tubing for our model train needs.
Note that both inch and metric sizes are available.


Robert Veefkind
 

I found some---in China !   hope it's not a slow boat. I ordered 3 different sizes  1.7   1.8 and 2.0- one should fit. The last order from China took 11 days-faster than something from Los Angeles. Bob V.


Robert Bell
 

The last I got was also from China - 1 or 1.5mm silicone tubing.  Very happy with it!

Rob Bell
Modeling the White Pass & Yukon Route in HOn3
Waynesville, NC




On Monday, April 19, 2021, 11:41:24 AM EDT, Robert Veefkind via groups.io <snookdust@...> wrote:


I found some---in China !   hope it's not a slow boat. I ordered 3 different sizes  1.7   1.8 and 2.0- one should fit. The last order from China took 11 days-faster than something from Los Angeles. Bob V.


Nigel Phillips
 

Silicone fuel line tubing for RC use (model planes) is what I use for connecting motor shafts to drive towers. Uxcell  (Amazon) has 1, 1.5, 2, 2.4 and 3mm ID tubing for immediate delivery. Last one I did was a Tenshodo coffee grinder that was a nonrunner due to the tubes rotting away. 1.5mm ID tubing and a replacement motor with a 2mm shaft. I used to get it from a hobby shop that focused on model planes (BC). Helps if the shafts are lightly knurled.

Nigel


On Monday, April 19, 2021, Robert Bell via groups.io <ionhoss=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
The last I got was also from China - 1 or 1.5mm silicone tubing.  Very happy with it!

Rob Bell
Modeling the White Pass & Yukon Route in HOn3
Waynesville, NC




On Monday, April 19, 2021, 11:41:24 AM EDT, Robert Veefkind via groups.io <snookdust=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:


I found some---in China !   hope it's not a slow boat. I ordered 3 different sizes  1.7   1.8 and 2.0- one should fit. The last order from China took 11 days-faster than something from Los Angeles. Bob V.