Topics

EBT LOCO SHOP CAR SHOPS REMOVED THE ROOF TO SHOW WHERE THE TRACKS SHOULD BE!

Ric Case

The tracks too the right are for car repair and actual car storage!
The two tracks in the center are for the locomotives repairs.
The car repair shop contained all the wood working tools, all the machines for working on the locomotive and steel cars were located in the left hand side of the structure.
The EBT was a complete entity in its own little place.
My structure when complete will have tracks for all the repairs the railroad will need to do! Well at least look like they could.
Shop cars were used to move deck planks for the flat cars and boxes.
By the twenties most of the wood cars had been faded out of service and the car repair shop was used mainly for storage.
Most of the narrow gauge railroads
Had to be self sufficient in all ways! The EBT built all of their steel hopper and box cars along with the steel flats starting around 1913 ! They purchased the first cars then started building their own.
Just a little bit more information to cloud everyone’s minds.
Enjoy
Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

Mark Lewis

Rick:

Great looking modeled complex! ūüĎć

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019, 7:55 AM Ric Case <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:

[...]

Bruce

Ric,

Your photo is inspiring and shows how large the complex is!

Bruce Bowie
Huron Ohio

[...]

Russ Norris

It is VERY large, especially for modeling purposes.  I made a floor plan for the locomotive and machine shop, then laid the plan over my existing shop complex (much of which was selectively compressed).  The full size locomotive and machine shop covered almost the entire south end of the shops!  That's not counting the car shop which is even bigger, as can be seen from Ric's photo.  My shop scene is 9 feet long and 2-3 feet wide, so it's not small.  I would have loved to have a full size machine shop but there was simply no space for it.  If you have the room I would certainly support it. But many of us are not so fortunate.

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019, 8:01 AM Bruce <in2trains@...> wrote:
[...]

I think a lot of us are limited in space to a model of the model of the prototype!

[...]

NarrowMinded1

Just an FYI, based off of the HAER drawings used to produce this kit the full size kit footprint is 30" long by 18" wide..It is made to be the centerpiece of your EBT, or freelanced, layout.
--
Nathan Kline
www.broadtopmountainmodels.com