Topics

EBT Blackstone trucks

Ric Case

Gents I am custom printing a full series of 2 bay hopper cars for the EBT. Unfortunately I used all of the trucks purchased from Black stone.
I am putting out a feeler to see if anyone might have some for sale!
The hopper cars are available through the friends of the EBT co. Store. But trucks are not available At any of the hobby shops near me! Thus the request.
Thanks in advance
Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

Bruce

Ric,

Are you looking to print a similar truck using them as a guide, or just want some to go with the printed cars?

Bruce Bowie

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019, 3:35 PM Ric Case <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:
Gents I am custom printing a full series of 2 bay hopper cars for the EBT. Unfortunately I used all of the trucks purchased from Black stone.
I am putting out a feeler to see if anyone might have some for sale!
The hopper cars are available through the friends of the EBT co. Store. But trucks are not available At any of the hobby shops near me! Thus the request.
Thanks in advance
Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

Ric Case

Some to mount

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Jul 16, 2019, at 4:02 PM, Bruce <in2trains@...> wrote:

Ric,

Are you looking to print a similar truck using them as a guide, or just want some to go with the printed cars?

Bruce Bowie

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019, 3:35 PM Ric Case <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:
Gents I am custom printing a full series of 2 bay hopper cars for the EBT. Unfortunately I used all of the trucks purchased from Black stone.
I am putting out a feeler to see if anyone might have some for sale!
The hopper cars are available through the friends of the EBT co. Store. But trucks are not available At any of the hobby shops near me! Thus the request.
Thanks in advance
Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

Bruce Dunlevy

What about new Kadee #726 Vulcan trucks? Saw in Gazette.
Bruce Dunlevy

On Jul 16, 2019, at 3:35 PM, Ric Case <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:

Gents I am custom printing a full series of 2 bay hopper cars for the EBT. Unfortunately I used all of the trucks purchased from Black stone.
I am putting out a feeler to see if anyone might have some for sale!
The hopper cars are available through the friends of the EBT co. Store. But trucks are not available At any of the hobby shops near me! Thus the request.
Thanks in advance
Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

Ric Case

Bruce Ihave ten pair, Ian pleased with the looks but using them cut my train length by 1 to 2 cars depending on the caboose on the tail end. I am running black stone C-19s for road power ! My normal train length is 10 cars. I can easily do 12or more with BS trucks or cars.
I was really disappointed that BS had such a poor experience with the hopper cars. I purchased 70. And that really really hurt the pocket book!
I spoke many times to Nancy about the possibility of building
a series of EBT locomotives.
Her thoughts are hoppers took too long to sell , so-loco were not going to be built!
Same thing for the additional hopper cars or trucks
I think the manufacturing community is only building stuff for the western railroads .
The invention of the 3 d printers has been a great way to get cars for the eastern railroads.
Ric

Sent from my 📱 ywoj
Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Jul 16, 2019, at 6:16 PM, Bruce Dunlevy <bdunlevy@...> wrote:

What about new Kadee #726 Vulcan trucks? Saw in Gazette.
Bruce Dunlevy
On Jul 16, 2019, at 3:35 PM, Ric Case <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:

Gents I am custom printing a full series of 2 bay hopper cars for the EBT. Unfortunately I used all of the trucks purchased from Black stone.
I am putting out a feeler to see if anyone might have some for sale!
The hopper cars are available through the friends of the EBT co. Store. But trucks are not available At any of the hobby shops near me! Thus the request.
Thanks in advance
Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

Bruce

Ric,

Tony's Trains lists the Blackstone EBT Vulcan trucks for $10.36.  Don't know how many they actually have, but that is a good price IMHO.

Bruce Bowie