Topics

Durango Goose Fest in HOn3 V.2 no bus bodies

tonyk537

With no bus bodies

tonyk537

With a couple of black geese for good measure

lloyd lehrer

Very cool!

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

--
lloyd lehrer

Bruce

Nice!  I rode in No. 5 two years ago from Chama to Antonito.  BEST train ride ever...out of a lot of train rides.

Great photos!

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019, 2:40 PM lloyd lehrer <lloydlehrer@...> wrote:
Very cool!

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019, 11:14 AM tonyk537 via Groups.Io <Tonyk375=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
With a couple of black geese for good measure

--
lloyd lehrer

Dale Buxton

Very cool Tony! If you remember. What color of green did you go with? I reall y like the looks of your green geese.

In a very early part of the "Glenn Miller Story Movie". One of the band members purchased a 1929 Pierce Arrow Limousine for the band to travel in. The best shot of it in the movie is of it driving on Clay Street where it goes under under the "Angels Flight" in Los Angeles.  The car's color was a very dark green. Maybe between Dark Forest Green and Brunswick Green. I was told be a car collector that this was one of Pierce Arrow's factory colors.

Dale Buxton

tonyk537

Both of the Motor #1s were painted Model Master Dark Green #1710.  FS34079.

It is actually the same color I paint my C&S passenger equipment.

Thanks,

Tony

tonyk537

A couple of individual shots.

tonyk537

I was trying for just a shade lighter than the #1 in Ridgway.  It's a Buick but Pierce Arrow used a nice green,