From: "John via groups.io"
Sent: May 4, 2020 3:49 PM
To: HOn3 Group
Cc: "bittercreekmodels@..."
Subject: [HOn3] DG & H box cars

Just finished up a pair of Bitter creeks new Hon3 box cars

Very nice kits. The only change I did was to replace the kit roof walk with stripwood
John Peckham
Southern California

John

Ed's decals. Sadly, he no longer produces them
John

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 1:32 PM, Climax@...
<Climax@...> wrote:
Where did the lettering come from?

Just finished up a pair of Bitter creeks new Hon3 box cars

Very nice kits. The only change I did was to replace the kit roof walk with stripwood
John Peckham
Southern California

John

The powder car lettering came in the kit

<Climax@...> wrote:
Where did the lettering come from?

Just finished up a pair of Bitter creeks new Hon3 box cars

Very nice kits. The only change I did was to replace the kit roof walk with stripwood
John Peckham
Southern California

Climax@...

I wonder if they got permission from the people who hold the copyrights of all logos and names of John Allen and his railroads,, the NMRA.  The only reason I am inquiring is I am in the process of asking them which ones are copyrighted and what railroads other than JA's they have.  So far only Allens and Wit Towers have shown up.

<Climax@...> wrote:
Where did the lettering come from?

Just finished up a pair of Bitter creeks new Hon3 box cars

Very nice kits. The only change I did was to replace the kit roof walk with stripwood
John Peckham
Southern California

Climax@...

Probaby got a nasty letter to cease and desist from the NMRA as they own the copyright.  Seems a shame for Allen fans.  I guess only the manufacturers like Micro-Trainsm MDC, Accurail and a few others that escape me get to use it to make a buck.

Just finished up a pair of Bitter creeks new Hon3 box cars

Very nice kits. The only change I did was to replace the kit roof walk with stripwood
John Peckham
Southern California

John

I don't know.

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 3:28 PM, Climax@...
<Climax@...> wrote:
Probaby got a nasty letter to cease and desist from the NMRA as they own the copyright.  Seems a shame for Allen fans.  I guess only the manufacturers like Micro-Trainsm MDC, Accurail and a few others that escape me get to use it to make a buck.

Just finished up a pair of Bitter creeks new Hon3 box cars

Very nice kits. The only change I did was to replace the kit roof walk with stripwood
John Peckham
Southern California

Climax@...

How many modelers do we have on the site that have house cars, their own railroad nmae & logo on cars?  Iuse Mule Pas & Woodland Railway as an example.

<Climax@...> wrote:
Where did the lettering come from?

Just finished up a pair of Bitter creeks new Hon3 box cars

Very nice kits. The only change I did was to replace the kit roof walk with stripwood
John Peckham
Southern California

kevin b

wonder if one could pay the NMRA a "license fee" and use the road names etc?

Probaby got a nasty letter to cease and desist from the NMRA as they own the copyright. Seems a shame for Allen fans. I guess only the manufacturers like Micro-Trainsm MDC, Accurail and a few others that escape me get to use it to make a buck.

Ed's decals. Sadly, he no longer produces them
John

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 1:32 PM, Climax@...

<Climax@...> wrote:

<!--#yiv6416776890 DIV {margin:0px;}-->

Where did the lettering come from?

Just finished up a pair of Bitter creeks new Hon3 box cars

Very nice kits. The only change I did was to replace the kit roof walk with stripwood
John Peckham

Southern California

Climax@...

That's what I am trying to figure out.  Although there are a lot of famous railroads out there, and a few of them memorialized by commercial companies it would be nice if WE had the opportunity to get lettering, decals or Dry Transfers, to be able to build what we desire within reason.  I happen to like Clover House Dry transfers and have used over a hundred of them, some designs from the Irv Schultz period with his St. Clair Northern Railroad, St Clair Michigan, that are very nice.  I meant to trade cars with him as I did similar builds but having twin daughters kind of got in the way.  Now I regret it.  I have over a hundred an 150 House cars which are originals in my collection since I started trading cars in the early 1960's.  Although I did request to trade cars with John Allen with my Mule Pass Division Point in the mid 1960's' he told me that if he started he would never have any of his own cars on his layout.  I was disappointed but understood.  He then told me my RR name was wrong.  He said that can have a Division Point on a RR but not a RR called a Division Point, hence the change of my railroad name to Mule Pass & Woodland Railway in 1974.  Those letters took place when I was in High School where I graduated in 1966.  That October I joined the US Army.  During the time I was in the Army my parents packed up all my stuff in boxes of threw away stuff,which included that priceless letter.  Today I do have an original John Allen made GD Lines #81 wooden gondola in a case, in the case along with an original Pass.  I just won a Hollywood and Western car on eBay and have destine for my collection.  Some day all these cars will be headed to the NMRA museum.