Topics

Deland FL train show this Saturday?

Brian Kopp

I know there are several fellow HOn3 group members living in Florida. If you are going to the Deland train show this Saturday morning and you see a big dopey guy wandering around with a salt and pepper goatee and a Red Sox cap on, say hi!

Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Climax@...

Dave from Orlando might be there.  When and were is the Show?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Jul 10, 2019 7:50 AM
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: [HOn3] Deland FL train show this Saturday?

I know there are several fellow HOn3 group members living in Florida. If you are going to the Deland train show this Saturday morning and you see a big dopey guy wandering around with a salt and pepper goatee and a Red Sox cap on, say hi!

Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Brian Kopp

Deland FL Train Show this Saturday:
Volusia County Fairgrounds
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/68th-florida-model-train-show-and-sale-tickets-60875573479

Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Climax@...

How was the train show, I had some things come up and couldn't get there.
DAve

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Jul 10, 2019 7:50 AM
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: [HOn3] Deland FL train show this Saturday?

Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Brian Kopp

Dave,
The Deland FL train show was the first train show I have been to in quite a few years so my perspective is limited. That said, there were about 60 vendors and about a half dozen layouts covering the popular scales, all in one building. I was in and out in 2 hours. There wasn't much brass (about 3-4 vendors each with a dozen pieces) and only one HOn3 brass piece that I saw (WMC K-27 with a bad paint job at $325). I did not see any HOn3 non-brass rolling stock kits or Blackstones, etc. The best part for me was the detail parts. There were a 1/2 dozen vendors selling misc detail parts and most were in bins you had to sift thru so only the die-hard shoppers were looking. I found a dozen or so parts at about $2-3 a piece. Not having to pay ebay prices plus shipping made it easy to buy them even though I may not have an immediate need for a C-16 firedoor or reverse quadrant... =) I did find one parts vendor who said she was selling trains and parts from an inlaw's estate and wanted to get rid of everything. I picked up 3 parts an asked how much? She said one dollar. I happily paid that for two Grandt Line window sets and an MDC 2-truck shay regear kit..... The find of the day for me.

I was told the Deland show in January or February is the best Florida train show. The snowbirds are in town and the show occupies two Volusia County fairgrounds buildings instead of one. I will try to make it.....

Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL