Topics

D&RGW vestibuled passenger cars.

Mark Kasprowicz

You might find the Soho version of the 319 a bit more common than the Balboa and there is also the PSC model of the same, more expensive but better detail.  As for trucks, sadly the best are Blackstone and not available at the moment. Didn't Grandt line produce passenger car trucks at one point? But PSC carefully assembled are OK especially for a one car train like the Pagosa Junction train.
But the prices being asked of brass passenger cars these day is very high. I used to think that $120 was my limit - they're twice maybe three times that now. I just picked up the three car Blackstone Chilli line set complete with DCC lighting bars and marker lights. Paid $350 for them here in the UK. I'm well pleased with that.
Mark K

Bill Mugford

Mark:

Thanks for the tip!

There are some painted/lettered 319s on Ebay for $300.00 at the moment.

I really think that we're in a "bubble" right now, so I'll wait.

Gratefully,

Bill

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 10:55 AM Mark Kasprowicz <mark@...> wrote:
You might find the Soho version of the 319 a bit more common than the Balboa and there is also the PSC model of the same, more expensive but better detail.  As for trucks, sadly the best are Blackstone and not available at the moment. Didn't Grandt line produce passenger car trucks at one point? But PSC carefully assembled are OK especially for a one car train like the Pagosa Junction train.
But the prices being asked of brass passenger cars these day is very high. I used to think that $120 was my limit - they're twice maybe three times that now. I just picked up the three car Blackstone Chilli line set complete with DCC lighting bars and marker lights. Paid $350 for them here in the UK. I'm well pleased with that.

Bill Mugford
Bill's Cell: 336.307.1870
Rose's Cell: 336.905.1670
Website: www.billmugford.com
Bill's Email: wjmugford@...
Rose's Email: fordmug@...

Randy Hees

D&RGW 319 was a  unique car among the D&RGW vestibule passenger cars.   It was a 1880's Jackson & Sharp car, while the other vestibule coaches were D&RGW built.  The two designs are withing a couple of inches of the same length, and the number of windows is the same, but the J&S windows are narrower, so 319 has 5  boards on each window post, while the D&RGW cars have only 3.  All the vestibule coaches were built as open platform coaches and rebuilt in the 30's with the vestibules.  The only D&RGW built car not to be coveted was RGS 260.

If after a 319, they were also available from E&B Valley - Model RR General Store in plastic... but if that option the cast resin roof is a great upgrade

RAndy