Topics

D&RGW Book Recommendation?

ColoRyan

I'm (mostly) new to the history of the D&RGW. What recommendations do the anointed have for a one-volume history book on the D&RGW?

Second question, is there a good narrow gauge only D&RGW book?

Many thanks,
Ryan

Mike Williams

The best single source history is Robert Athearn’s The Denver and Rio Grande Western Railroad, also published as Rebel of the Rockies.

On Aug 28, 2019, at 10:44 AM, ColoRyan <rhickman213@...> wrote:

I'm (mostly) new to the history of the D&RGW. What recommendations do the anointed have for a one-volume history book on the D&RGW?

Second question, is there a good narrow gauge only D&RGW book?

Many thanks,
Ryan

Steven Haworth

I've got a pretty complete listing of books here, w/ descriptions -

- Steve Haworth
RGS history - http://www.rgsrr.info/
Blog - http://rgsrr.blogspot.com/               FB - https://www.facebook.com/stevesrgs/

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 10:44 AM ColoRyan <rhickman213@...> wrote:
I'm (mostly) new to the history of the D&RGW. What recommendations do the anointed have for a one-volume history book on the D&RGW?

Second question, is there a good narrow gauge only D&RGW book?

Many thanks,
Ryan

Earl Knoob

I find my copy of Sundance Books "Rio Grande - to the Pacific", my "go to" book when I need information.  It gives a year by year synopsis of corporate history, lines constructed, lines abandoned, locomotives acquired, etc.

claneon30

Second this. Most complete and accessible for research.

Chris Lane - Editor HOn3 Annual

On Aug 29, 2019, at 11:51 AM, Earl Knoob <earlk489@...> wrote:

I find my copy of Sundance Books "Rio Grande - to the Pacific", my "go to" book when I need information.  It gives a year by year synopsis of corporate history, lines constructed, lines abandoned, locomotives acquired, etc.

ColoRyan

Thank you all for your suggestions. I guess I have my work cut out for me!