Topics

Cricut Maker Questions

Alan

OS is updated everyday.

Mike Conder

If you're still not getting in, maybe a computer reboot?

Mike Conder

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 9:58 AM Alan <alan.lautenslager@...> wrote:
OS is updated everyday.

Alan

Rebooted a few times. No luck.
I have reviewed my FB settings and see nothing odd.
My wife just tried it and got in on her PC yet I cannot.

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 11:06 AM Mike Conder <vulturenest1@...> wrote:
If you're still not getting in, maybe a computer reboot?

Mike Conder

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 9:58 AM Alan <alan.lautenslager@...> wrote:
OS is updated everyday.

Jim Marlett

Danged auto-correct! I don’t have a Cricut yet.

Jim Marlett
http://flatheaddrag.com/
http://jimmarlett.zenfolio.com/

On Nov 26, 2020, at 8:36 AM, Jim Marlett <jmarlett@...> wrote:

I not only saw the page, I joined the group. (No, I don’t have a Circuit yet.). I can’t imagine why you can’t get there. Is your operating system way out of date?

On Nov 25, 2020, at 9:21 PM, Alan <alan.lautenslager@...> wrote:

Here is what I get every time I go to that link.

This Content Isn't Available Right Now

When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted.

Michael Dunn

Jim & Ian,

Were you actually able to join the FB group? I put in the request last week when Mike first mentioned it and haven’t heard anything back (still shows pending). :dunno

Thanks,
Mike

Mark Lewis

Mike,

Last week, I was able to join the FB "Modeling with the Cricut Explore" group, without any problem.

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020, 6:42 AM Michael Dunn <mdunn@...> wrote:
Jim & Ian,

Were you actually able to join the FB group? I put in the request last week when Mike first mentioned it and haven’t heard anything back (still shows pending). :dunno

Thanks,
Mike

Jim Marlett

Yes, I was able to join with no trouble whatsoever. I was a member the same day. I don’t recall receiving any notification, but I am able to see the page and it shows up in my groups list. I have not attempted to post anything.

On Nov 30, 2020, at 5:42 AM, Michael Dunn <mdunn@RARwy.com> wrote:

Jim & Ian,

Were you actually able to join the FB group? I put in the request last week when Mike first mentioned it and haven’t heard anything back (still shows pending). :dunno

Thanks,
Mike

Michael Dunn

Thanks Mark. Thanks Jim. Let me reach out to the page's admin and see what's going on.

Mike

On Nov 30, 2020, at 8:41 AM, Jim Marlett <jmarlett@cox.net> wrote:

Yes, I was able to join with no trouble whatsoever. I was a member the same day. I don’t recall receiving any notification, but I am able to see the page and it shows up in my groups list. I have not attempted to post anything.

Jim Marlett
http://flatheaddrag.com/
http://jimmarlett.zenfolio.com/

On Nov 30, 2020, at 5:42 AM, Michael Dunn <mdunn@RARwy.com> wrote:

Jim & Ian,

Were you actually able to join the FB group? I put in the request last week when Mike first mentioned it and haven’t heard anything back (still shows pending). :dunno

Thanks,
Mike

Brian Booth

Dusty,
Anyone interested in the Cricut Maker for modeling may want to watch the NMRA Coast Division clinic video below:
Cricut Coast Div eClinic - YouTube

Ray Davis shows how he has used the Maker and gives a simple tutorial on how to draw and cut a building wall.  Both Basswood and Styrene can be cut with the maker.  Ray was also the primary author of an article on using the Cricut in the Narrow Gauge Gazette  a few issues ago (maybe last year?).

Brian

Michael Dunn

Ian, appreciate your reaching out off list as well.

Membership is still pending and the group admin has ignored two DM's.

Either I have the wrong super secret squirrel code, I've been deemed unworthy or Facebook has figured out I don't use their services enough to warrant "inclusion". Likely a combination of all three! LOL

Mike

On Nov 30, 2020, at 8:59 AM, Michael Dunn <mdunn@rarwy.com> wrote:

Thanks Mark. Thanks Jim. Let me reach out to the page's admin and see what's going on.

Mike

Alan

Good luck! I have been trying to join and or contact the Facebook Modeling with the Cricut Explorer for over a year now. During that year I learned my way around the Cricut Maker and the Design Space App. Sometimes you just don’t need a group!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Ian, appreciate your reaching out off list as well.

Membership is still pending and the group admin has ignored two DM's.

Either I have the wrong super secret squirrel code, I've been deemed unworthy or Facebook has figured out I don't use their services enough to warrant "inclusion". Likely a combination of all three! LOL

Mike

> On Nov 30, 2020, at 8:59 AM, Michael Dunn <mdunn@...> wrote:

> Thanks Mark. Thanks Jim. Let me reach out to the page's admin and see what's going on.

> Mike

Dusty

I finally got into the Cricut Modelers Facebook Group. My first project is a small building using Evergreen .040 x .030 Corrugated for roof and siding. I couldn't cut clean thru. A couple of strokes with  #11 scalpel lubed with Novus plastic polish freed the door and window openings very easily. I hate laying out the cuts on the material so Design Space was very much a relief from the dreaded layout task. I had no Design Space experience so it took a few Google searches and some trial and experience acquisition. A few test trials in #80 card stock and I was on my way.

Dusty Burman

Alan

Glad you made the move to try one out. How many passes did you make on the material?

Alan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10