Conoco Tank Cars

Jim Marlett

I finally got around to taking mine out of the box and test running them. In the interest of improving future products, I’m reporting my concerns.

I discovered that all but one of the wheel sets were gauged too wide. Also, I noticed that the flanges were too thick. I wasn’t able to push the wheels together to adjust the gauge since they have stepped axles, so I removed a little material from the insulating collars of the wheels. It seemed to work. Even though I re-gauged the wheels, I’m ignoring the thick flanges unless they start causing problems. Otherwise, excellent models so far.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced these issues.

Jim Marlett
http://flatheaddrag.com/
http://jimmarlett.zenfolio.com/