Topics

Calling all builders!

Dusty

Does anyone use a Byrnes table saw? Opinions? Hefty price but it looks much higher quality than Dremel or Jarmac.

Dusty Burman

Stephen Silver

I just bought a Proxxon Chop/Mitre Saw.  If I were buying a table saw for scale sized pieces, I would look at the Proxxon

Life is mostly attitude and timing

On Friday, February 21, 2020, 07:47:54 AM PST, Dusty <dustburm@q.com> wrote:

Does anyone use a Byrnes table saw? Opinions? Hefty price but it looks much higher quality than Dremel or Jarmac.

Dusty Burman

Mike Van Hove

Dusty,
I never used it, but my good friend, the late Tom Troughton, used one and loved it.  Said there was no comparison to the Dremel or others.
Those of you who knew Tom, know that he was very particular about his workmanship, and he was at the top of the heap as a model builder.
Therefore, I would say if you can afford the Brynes Saw, get it, you won’t be disappointed.
I think maybe Pete Smith or John Kalin may have bought his saw, after he died, maybe they will chime in here, for more information.  Perhaps Allen Pollock can tell you who bought the saw from his wife, Sheryl.
Tom was a good friend, and I sure do miss him.
Mike Van Hove
Columbia, Mo

On Feb 21, 2020, at 9:47 AM, Dusty <dustburm@q.com> wrote:

Does anyone use a Byrnes table saw? Opinions? Hefty price but it looks much higher quality than Dremel or Jarmac.

Dusty Burman

Mark Rosche

Can second the recommendation of the Proxxon mitre/chop saw...even the larger mini table saw from Proxxon is very good (the smaller Proxxon table saw I would NOT recommend though)...

Regards,

Mark

Don‘t take life too seriously...no one gets out alive anyway....

Climax@...

Any of those will draw blood in an instant, and separate a digit from your hand leaving you with only 9!  Properly used any of the saws will do any job you need.  I have a Dremel and it scares he hell out of me more than my full size Craftsman table saw.  As a kid the neighbor across from me was Norwegian and a wood worker.  He had a wood shop in a separate building.  He had his 3 fingers in a Mason jar full of formaldehyde on a shelf above the saws, impressive for a kid!  After 73 years and working on all kinds of saws, lathes, milling machines and other stuff I still have all mine, but I have to admit that I have lost blood once in a while.