Broad Top Mountain Models HO.HOn3 East Broad Top Car Shop

NarrowMinded1

Now available for pre-order!

Broad Top Mountain Models HO.HOn3 East Broad Top Car Shop...

Scale: HO
Description (Courtesy of oldeastie.com):

The Car Shop is one of the largest building in the EBT shops. The original part of the shop is also one of the oldest in the shops complex, but it has been expanded several times to more than twice its original size. It was the primary location where rolling stock of all types were constructed or repaired. In the early decades of the railroad the rolling stock fleet consisted of all wood cars, but staring in the 1910's began to transition to steel. Because of the early wood constitution, the Car Shop is where the power woodworking equipment is located. Even to the end of operations, the passenger cars remained wood along with components of other cars.

The building contains three tracks, two of which run entirely through the building and one that terminates about halfway through. Cars in need of service were spotted on the long lead tracks to the south of the building. A slight grade allowed cars to be gravity switched into the building for work, then gravity switched out the north end. To the north both tracks switched together and crossed over the Orbisonia Scale where rebuilt cars could be weighed and stenciled with their tare (empty) weight. The building is equipped with numerous rivet forges and air lines for riveting of steel cars.Today the building is mainly used for storage of the operable rolling stock during the winter months.

Support the Friends of the East Broad Top! Please visit <https://store.febt.org/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=69_118>to purchase the car shop through the FEBT Company Store!

Features:

    As True to the Prototype As Possible
    Laser Cut Floor
    Laser Cut Interior Framing
    Laser Cut Roof Rafters
    Laser Cut Walls
    Laser Cut Battens
    Laser Cut Doors
    Laser Cut Windows
    Laser Cut Sub Roof
    Corrugated Metal Roofing Material

Provisions to be Built as a Stand Alone Structure OR add to the Machine Shop and Boiler House

Footprint: Approx. 24 x 7 Inches

ETA: Early/Late June

MSRP: $250.00 USD  Your Price: $200.00 USD Shipped Insured USPS Priority Mail + 6% PA sales tax for PA residents. International orders ship via insured USPS Priority Mail International at cost.

SPECIAL PRE-ORDER PRICE: $187.50 FOR FIRST 17 ORDERS!

INFO: http://broadtopmountainmodels.com/east-broad-top-car-shop.html

PURCHASE: http://www.nateslightironhobbies.com/store/broadtop-mountain-models/laser-kits/hohon3/east-broad-top-ho/hon3-boiler-house-laser-cut-craftsman-structure-kit-p2270.html
--
Nathan M. Kline
Nate's HOn3 East Broad Top RR & Coal Co.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVJMoICFWw9Muse6xm8moiQ
MeWe Group: https://mewe.com/group/5fbb79e7edc4177fe935a858
Nate's Light Iron Hobbies: http://nateslightironhobbies.com
Broad Top Mountain Models: http://broadtopmountainmodels.com

Ric Case

Nate when do you expect them to be delivered?

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On May 4, 2021, at 10:43 PM, NarrowMinded1 via groups.io <nathan.kline83@...> wrote:

Now available for pre-order!

[...]

<ifjpoileajabbcbi.jpg>
<imdkongdbnikcpmk.jpg>
<pdgileplkjlpennl.jpg>

NarrowMinded1

Hi Ric,

I will receive the kits the first week of June and expect to be shipping them the second week of June.once I return home from rehab at the end of the month...Part of my post from Facebook..."Nate's Light Iron Hobbies and Broad Top Mountain Models will be experiencing delays in processing orders from Thursday May 6th through October due to me getting my leg amputated as a result of a diabetic ulcer. Please know that I will do my best to process and ship your orders as soon as I return home from rehab in 3-4 weeks."