Auction annoucements

Brian Kopp

Just saw these two auctions both with HOn3 stuff......

https://auctions.toystrainsandotheroldstuff.com/auctions/1-ML2K9/ho-and-n-scale-trains-plus-craftsman-kits-brass-ho-hon3

This one has EBT stuff....
http://www.stoutauctions.com/?p=1620

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Brian Kopp

Oops! Just the second one is new! Sorry got excited.....
This one has EBT stuff....
http://www.stoutauctions.com/?p=1620

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Brian Kopp

That Stout Auction was a fun auction to watch today!

Some of those lots were exciting. I couldn't wrap my head around buying a dozen or so Blackstone cars at once.....

I picked up my first EBT piece so I am very happy!

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Russ Norris

Which EBT piece did you get?

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 3:14 PM Brian Kopp <kc5lpa1@...> wrote:
That Stout Auction was a fun auction to watch today!

Some of those lots were exciting. I couldn't wrap my head around buying a dozen or so Blackstone cars at once.....

I picked up my first EBT piece so I am very happy!

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Brian Kopp

I got the EBT M-1 motorcar which I have been after for a while.

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Robert Bell

Haha!  That's awesome Brian.  I got one of the Seiko EBT mikes...I have plans for it ... One day...Not EBT...One day...

It was a fun auction to watch.

Rob Bell
Modeling the White Pass & Yukon Route in HOn3
Waynesville, NC

On Thursday, February 18, 2021, 03:25:15 PM EST, Brian Kopp <kc5lpa1@...> wrote:

I got the EBT M-1 motorcar which I have been after for a while.

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Brian Kopp

Thanks Rob. Congrats on the Seiko! I was not familiar with name. Do you know much about them?

-
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Russ Norris

Great!  I love my M-1.  It tracks well and there is lots of room inside for decoder, keep alive and speaker.  Mine came in unpainted brass and was one of the first brass models I painted.

Russ

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021, 3:25 PM Brian Kopp <kc5lpa1@...> wrote:
I got the EBT M-1 motorcar which I have been after for a while.

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Brian

Seiko's large EBT HOn3 Mikes date from the 1960s or early 1970s.  Not at all comparable to the Hallmark version for detail, but a fairly solid mechanism.

And noticeably larger than scale.

Russ

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021, 5:53 PM John Stutz <john.stutz@...> wrote:
Brian

Seiko's large EBT HOn3 Mikes date from the 1960s or early 1970s.  Not at all comparable to the Hallmark version for detail, but a fairly solid mechanism.

Ric Case

The drive is a old tyco drive! I have had a few of them! I remotored 1  earlier! Not really good slow speed!
Some had pot metal drivers centers and were suspect to deterioration!
Also watch the driver insulation on the fire mans side! Had to regained and super glue tire back in place!
They are really a generic loco! Not a true model of 16 / 17 or 18.
They are really a good model for starting!

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Feb 18, 2021, at 5:56 PM, Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:

And noticeably larger than scale.

Russ

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021, 5:53 PM John Stutz <john.stutz@...> wrote:
Brian

Seiko's large EBT HOn3 Mikes date from the 1960s or early 1970s.  Not at all comparable to the Hallmark version for detail, but a fairly solid mechanism.

Ric Case

This I believe was also delivered as a gem model in the same time frame! Had one of them also! Seico model has a tyco/mantua label!

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Feb 18, 2021, at 6:32 PM, Ric Case via groups.io <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:

[...]

The fact that it is a generic model is perfect - and the price.  I plan on making mine into a SumpterValley #20/White Pass #80 "stand-in"...One day...

On Thursday, February 18, 2021, 05:53:11 PM EST, John Stutz <john.stutz@...> wrote:

Brian

Seiko's large EBT HOn3 Mikes date from the 1960s or early 1970s.  Not at all comparable to the Hallmark version for detail, but a fairly solid mechanism.

John Stutz

Alec Herman

Thanks for the heads up! I was able to pick up one of the two EBT #18s that was auctioned off.

Robert Veefkind

Lots of stuff there. Was the hon3 stuff from one seller ?  The Hallmark 2-8-2--are they fairly detailed ? Can motor? The Seiko brass looks pretty barren--no detailing to the air pumps, etc.

Bob Veefkind

Ric Case

Hallmark are great model, yes can motor,yes details! Contact me off line for further insite!

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Feb 19, 2021, at 10:48 AM, Robert Veefkind via groups.io <snookdust@...> wrote:

Lots of stuff there. Was the hon3 stuff from one seller ?  The Hallmark 2-8-2--are they fairly detailed ? Can motor? The Seiko brass looks pretty barren--no detailing to the air pumps, etc.

Bob Veefkind

Ric Case

Seico model is an old gem product , it is extremely generic! Can be made to run if you’re knowledgeable in reworking brass drives!

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Feb 19, 2021, at 10:51 AM, Ric Case via groups.io <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:

Hallmark are great model, yes can motor,yes details! Contact me off line for further insite!

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Feb 19, 2021, at 10:48 AM, Robert Veefkind via groups.io <snookdust@...> wrote:

Lots of stuff there. Was the hon3 stuff from one seller ?  The Hallmark 2-8-2--are they fairly detailed ? Can motor? The Seiko brass looks pretty barren--no detailing to the air pumps, etc.

Bob Veefkind

Ric Case

My 18 is finicky lots of time investment!
Call me if you need to after 5. EDT! East coast! Have had mine

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Feb 19, 2021, at 10:17 AM, Alec Herman via groups.io <nshr365@...> wrote:

Thanks for the heads up! I was able to pick up one of the two EBT #18s that was auctioned off.

Russ Norris

My EBT #18 was the first and best running 2-8-2 I purchased.  I has run faithfully for a decade still in unpainted brass.  I finally got the courage to paint it when the mobile decoder I installed years ago died and I decided to replace it with a Soundtraxx decoder.  It is just waiting for reassembly.  A real trooper.

Russ

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 10:17 AM Alec Herman via groups.io <nshr365=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks for the heads up! I was able to pick up one of the two EBT #18s that was auctioned off.

Alec Herman

If 18 I just won runs as well at the 17 I have, I’ll be a very happy camper.