Another Building


Steve Hatch
 

I finished the Banta warehouse
  I'm pleased with it.  Looks used and in need of a bit of paint




Russ Norris
 

I really like the look of it, Steve.  I could use a similar structure for the small sawmill on my EBT railroad.

Russ

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021, 2:15 PM Steve Hatch <hatch@...> wrote:
I finished the Banta warehouse
  I'm pleased with it.  Looks used and in need of a bit of paint




--
Russ Norris, MMR
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
http://blacklogvalleyrailroad.blogspot.com/


John
 

Great job!
That's a real nice looking building.
John Peckham
Torrance, ca


On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 11:50 AM, Russ Norris
<rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:
I really like the look of it, Steve.  I could use a similar structure for the small sawmill on my EBT railroad.

Russ

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021, 2:15 PM Steve Hatch <hatch@...> wrote:
I finished the Banta warehouse
  I'm pleased with it.  Looks used and in need of a bit of paint




--
Russ Norris, MMR
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
http://blacklogvalleyrailroad.blogspot.com/


Bill Mugford
 

Nice job!  Very realistically done!

Bill Mugford
Phone

On Feb 21, 2021, at 11:15 AM, Steve Hatch <hatch@...> wrote:

I finished the Banta warehouse
  I'm pleased with it.  Looks used and in need of a bit of paint


<whrhse1.jpg>

<whrhse2.jpg>


Steve Hatch
 

  Happy to share what I do.  I've been fooling with acrylics for a couple years now and Some Days
it works good...... other times not so good.
    I just use the CHEAP stuff from WalMart.  I like buying all sorts of colors that I'll probably never use but at
$0.89  a bottle who cares.  Any way.... I have a half bubble plastic tray that I came across as packaging
somewhere along the way and I use it with a cup of water.
  I simply dip the brush in water and then grab a touch of paint from a bubble and some times
dilute it and some times use it straight.  That gives me stains and paint in varying shades and colors
as I pre smear all the parts.with either color or stain.   This by the way gives me are the variants that
make it look like I really worked hard at the colors (when I didn't).
  I even stain over parts that I sprayed white to start with. Makes an interesting aged look to the paint.
  Anyway That's all I'm doing.  Simple Cheap Easy that's me.  But most of all FUN.
=Steve

here's the bubble paint holder:


Steve Hatch
 

Here's another one just finished

https://railwayeng.com/Build/bnkhse1a.jpg


Russ Norris
 

Very nice.

Russ

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 1:37 PM Steve Hatch <hatch@...> wrote:
Here's another one just finished

https://railwayeng.com/Build/bnkhse1a.jpg


--
Russ Norris, MMR
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
http://blacklogvalleyrailroad.blogspot.com/


Steve Hatch
 

  I did another building
 Banta's Chilerys  2 story.   It came out nice


Russ Norris
 

It did turn out nice.  I especially liked the touch of the curtains blowing  out the second floor window.  

Russ

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 2:21 AM Steve Hatch <hatch@...> wrote:
  I did another building
 Banta's Chilerys  2 story.   It came out nice


--
Russ Norris, MMR
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
http://blacklogvalleyrailroad.blogspot.com/