Topics

an interesting supplier

John Stutz

About a month ago someone mentioned Tramfabriek <https://www.tramfabriek.nl/#!/~/>, as a supplier of small (6,  7, & 8)mm diameter coreless motors, and associated drive parts.  Today I was looking over their web site, and noticed a name associated with Nigel Laughton, another premier supplier of very small drive components.  This was Brian Madge , who maintained a site at <" data-mce-href="http://www.madge00n3.co.uk/index.htm>">http://www.madge00n3.co.uk/index.htm>, primarily focused on very small 4mm scale, 9 and 12mm gauge, industrial locomotive modeling. It appears that Mr Madge's site was last updated in 2016, and he mentions health problems limiting production, so he may no longer be actively trading.  But there are some ideas illustrated here which may be of interest to those modeling small steam and diesel critters in HOn3.

Note: My mail service has trouble with locating both web sites.  However cut and past into a new tab has worked for both.

John Stutz

brian_budeit

John,

I've purchaced some 8x16 motors from them at a very fair price, and they operate quite well, as well as a Faulhaber. Just finished a very small 17 ton mogul, and the smaller the motor I could fit, the more weight I could add for traction. Finished model won't pull the paint off the walls, but handles a coach and combine or a short freight without any problems.

brian b