Topics

AIR BRAKES 101..

John Cytron

The triple valve was one of George Westinghouse’s best inventions and made the air brake really more usable and safe. I think he invented the triple valve in 1869 according to Wikipedia. It has been a feature of Westinghouse automatic air brakes since then including AB, K and their earlier predecessors.

John

Rick Rhode

George W's straight air train brake came out in 1869.  Due to the danger of losing all brake function if the straight air line broke, he invented the triple valve in 1872.