From: HOn3@groups.io On Behalf Of RICHARD DONNA BELL
Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2019 5:42 PM
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: [ADV] Re: [HOn3] Durango Turntable Questions

Hope these help.

Dick Bell

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: HOn3@groups.io <HOn3@groups.io> on behalf of kevin b via Groups.Io <arcatruck13@...>
Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2019 4:34:02 PM
To: HOn3@groups.io <HOn3@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [HOn3] Durango Turntable Questions

I'm building a Kitwood Hills Durango turntable kit and am curious about what the inside of the pit looked like.
Dave

do these help you any?

looks like old dirty concrete walls to me.

Kevin.

Bruce

I built this kit a couple of years ago.  Excellent kit for a very reasonable price.

The kit can be used for the East Broad Top turntable as well, which I model.

The EBT's pit walls are concrete with the vertical wall flush to the top.  The kit's top ring extends over the vertical wall, maybe a 1/8" or so.  I filled this space with spackling to better simulate the prototype.  It did not interfere with the bridge movement.

I also notched the top of the wall and added wooden ties as practiced on the EBT.

With cinders in your eyes,
Bruce
419-602-3584 cell

Mark Lewis

Is this a Kitwood Hills TT kit?

Mark Lewis
narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019, 8:51 AM Bruce <in2trains@...> wrote:
I built this kit a couple of years ago.  Excellent kit for a very reasonable price.

The kit can be used for the East Broad Top turntable as well, which I model.

The EBT's pit walls are concrete with the vertical wall flush to the top.  The kit's top ring extends over the vertical wall, maybe a 1/8" or so.  I filled this space with spackling to better simulate the prototype.  It did not interfere with the bridge movement.

I also notched the top of the wall and added wooden ties as practiced on the EBT.

With cinders in your eyes,
Bruce
419-602-3584 cell

Bruce

Yes, this is the Durango (& East Broad Top's turntable, which is identical to the Durango other than the handrails).

With cinders in your eyes,
Bruce
419-602-3584 cell

Mark Lewis