Topics

Ad: EBT HOn3 Machine and Car/Carpentry Shop Kit

NarrowMinded1

We received the initial quote for the East Broad Top Machine and Car/Carpentry shop Kit in full size HOn3! The kit is being produced by Banta Modelworks and will feature the same quality and ease of construction as all of their other kits! The estimated MSRP is $200 and we will be offering a special pre-order price of $150. There will only be 15 kits available at this special pre-order price, after that the price will increase to $160. To be fair, the first 15 orders to receive the special pre-order price must be e-mailed to info@... and please include your state in the e-mail. PA residents subject to 6% PA sales Tax. We're expecting delivery in time for Christmas so be sure to get your orders in ASAP! Payment due at time of order.Insured Priority Shipping to continental US is included.
--
Nathan Kline
www.nateslightironhobbies.com

Ric Case

Picture?

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Nov 1, 2019, at 4:55 PM, NarrowMinded1 <nathan.kline83@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Ric,

No pictures yet; I'm expecting pictures of the assembled model in 3-4 weeks. I can tell you that it will have a floor, wall framing, and roof rafters. I can send a picture, or pictures, as soon as I get them.

Nathan Kline

--
Nathan Kline
Tiadaghton Valley Railroad & Coal Co.

Ric Case

Nate will this be the complete structure?
3 bay car shop and the two bay loco machine shop?

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Nov 3, 2019, at 7:24 AM, NarrowMinded1 <nathan.kline83@...> wrote:

Hi Ric,

No pictures yet; I'm expecting pictures of the assembled model in 3-4 weeks. I can tell you that it will have a floor, wall framing, and roof rafters. I can send a picture, or pictures, as soon as I get them.

Nathan Kline

--
Nathan Kline
Tiadaghton Valley Railroad & Coal Co.
McConnellsburg, PA
Web: https://www.tiadaghtonvalleyrr.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TiadaghtonValleyRailroad/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVJMoICFWw9Muse6xm8moiQ

Russ Norris

In the words of Ed Sullivan, That's a "really BIG model"!

On Sun, Nov 3, 2019 at 2:11 PM Ric Case <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:
[...]

Yes, it will be the complete structure; 2 bay loco shop, boiler shop, machine shop, and 3 bay car shop.
--
Nathan Kline
www.nateslightironhobbies.com
www.broadtopmountainmodels.com

Bruce

So the group is aware, I have placed a pre-order.  These guys make great kits and I have to believe this one will add to their reputation.  Can't wait for my "Xmas"  present!  Now I just have to let my bride know I am good to go for the holidays.

PS - I am reading Kyper's newest book.  One picture (copy attached) of the south wall of the car shop shows rails running up to the small door between the west and middle doors.  Does anyone know what gauge the rails were and how far south away from the car shop they ran?  Reviewing the car shop floor plan (copy also attached) they appear narrower than 3'.  Maybe 24"??

Thanks.

With cinders in your eyes,
Bruce Bowie
419-602-3584 cell

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 10:50 AM NarrowMinded1 <nathan.kline83@...> wrote:
Hi Ric,

Yes, it will be the complete structure; 2 bay loco shop, boiler shop, machine shop, and 3 bay car shop.
--
Nathan Kline
www.nateslightironhobbies.com
www.broadtopmountainmodels.com

Brian Kopp

Geez that's a big floor plan. I don't think I could squeeze that model on to my layout design without running the mainline through the middle bay of the car shop. Would that look weird? =)
--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

vcoli@pacbell.net

Is it possible to post photo's of the prototype Car/Carpentry Shop (that maybe were used to make the kit)?
Vince

Russ Norris

Here are a couple of shots of the prototype.  The aerial view (courtesy of Lance Myers) is the best overall shot.  The kit would incorporate, as I understand it, all the buildings in the center of the photo -- the car shop, the locomotive and machine shop and the boiler and power plant.

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 2:27 PM vcoli@... <Vcoli@...> wrote:
Is it possible to post photo's of the prototype Car/Carpentry Shop (that maybe were used to make the kit)?
Vince

Jeff Young

Great photos, Russ!

NarrowMinded1

For anyone attending the FEBT Fall Reunion at the Bricktown Model Railroader's club in Mount Union, PA this weekend (November 8, 9, 10) I will be there Saturday the 9th and giving a presentation on my business and plans for it after the dinner at 7pm. I look forward to seeing you all there and discussing this kit, and plans for future kits, there. This kit, when completed will be the centerpiece of your layouts! Unfortunately I will not have a completed model to show for another 2-3 weeks but as soon as I do I will post picture on my website; www.broadtopmountainmodels.com. Thank you all for your interest and thank you for the shoutout Bruce!

Nathan Kline

--
Nathan Kline
Tiadaghton Valley Railroad & Coal Co.
McConnellsburg, PA
Web: https://www.tiadaghtonvalleyrr.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TiadaghtonValleyRailroad/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVJMoICFWw9Muse6xm8moiQ

NarrowMinded1

I just received the finalized schedule for the FEBT Fall Reunion to be held at the Bricktown Model Railroaders Club in Mount Union, PA this Saturday, November 9th, and my presentation was moved up from 7PM to 11AM. If you are planning to attend for this presentation please be sure to arrive and register BEFORE 11AM. Hope to see you there!
--
Nathan Kline
www.nateslightironhobbies.com
www.broadtopmountainmodels.com

John Stutz

Bruce

This track served the carpentry shop, which probably predates the predominance of steel rolling stock. The extra narrow gauge track was probably a tram used to move wood car sills, or bundled smaller material, in and out of the shop.  A 4"x 8"x30' car sill runs about 300lbs, so you can see why they would want to move them on a small rail car.  As to where it went, I would expect to find a wood storage/drying shed near the far end.

As to gauge, what was used in the company's coal mines?

John Stutz

On November 4, 2019 at 12:34 PM Bruce <in2trains@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the insight John.