Topics

A touch of Ebay Madness?

Mark Kasprowicz

Not sure how much this kit was when still in production but I'm sure it wasn't anywhere near this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124344746704?ul_noapp=true

Mark K
Oxon

Dale Buxton

Rio Grande's web site is still up and it says $20.00 for this kit. This situation is only going to deepen if Eric's kit line goes the way of the Dodo. The asking prices for Jordan Highway Miniatures has gone completely insane! Only hard core collectors of HO scale vehicles can afford them now. From time to time you may find a deal where the seller isn't looking to gouge anyone but those days are swiftly coming to an end.

Dale Buxton

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 2:48 AM Mark Kasprowicz <mark@...> wrote:
Not sure how much this kit was when still in production but I'm sure it wasn't anywhere near this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124344746704?ul_noapp=true

Mark K
Oxon

Bill Lugg

Yes, the price tag on the box says it was $20 from Jim's Junction.

I really hope somebody is able to pick up the Rio Grande Models line as Eric has a lot of important kits and parts in it and his casting are excellent.

Bill Lugg

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 2:48 AM Mark Kasprowicz <mark@... <mailto:mark@...>> wrote:

Not sure how much this kit was when still in production but I'm
sure it wasn't anywhere near this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124344746704?ul_noapp=true

Mark K
Oxon

Russ Norris

Of course, $20 back then would correspond to a much bigger dollar figure today.  I don't know when that kit came out, but I am old enough to remember gas for 19 cents a gallon.

Russ

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 10:16 AM Bill Lugg <luggw1@...> wrote:
Yes, the price tag on the box says it was $20 from Jim's Junction.

I really hope somebody is able to pick up the Rio Grande Models line as
Eric has a lot of important kits and parts in it and his casting are
excellent.

Bill Lugg

On 9/20/20 3:36 AM, Dale Buxton wrote:
> Rio Grande's web site is still up and it says $20.00 for this kit.
> This situation is only going to deepen if Eric's kit line goes the way
> of the Dodo. The asking prices for Jordan Highway Miniatures has gone
> completely insane! Only hard core collectors of HO scale vehicles can
> afford them now. From time to time you may find a deal where the
> seller isn't looking to gouge anyone but those days are swiftly coming
> to an end.
>
> Dale Buxton
>
> On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 2:48 AM Mark Kasprowicz <mark@...
> <mailto:mark@...>> wrote:
>
>     Not sure how much this kit was when still in production but I'm
>     sure it wasn't anywhere near this.
>
>     https://www.ebay.com/itm/124344746704?ul_noapp=true
>
>     Mark K
>     Oxon

Bruce

Funny Russ.  I too paid as low as $0.19/gal!

And when I tell the Juniors and Seniors in our Electrical Technology class I was paid $1.05/hr when I started at McDonald's they can't imagine working for that wage.  But then I tell them burgers were $0.17 and cheeseburgers were $0.19 and their eyes bug out!

With cinders in your eyes,
Bruce Bowie
419-602-3584
in2trains@...

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020, 11:05 AM Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:
Of course, $20 back then would correspond to a much bigger dollar figure today.  I don't know when that kit came out, but I am old enough to remember gas for 19 cents a gallon.

Russ

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 10:16 AM Bill Lugg <luggw1@...> wrote:
Yes, the price tag on the box says it was $20 from Jim's Junction.

I really hope somebody is able to pick up the Rio Grande Models line as
Eric has a lot of important kits and parts in it and his casting are
excellent.

Bill Lugg

On 9/20/20 3:36 AM, Dale Buxton wrote:
> Rio Grande's web site is still up and it says $20.00 for this kit.
> This situation is only going to deepen if Eric's kit line goes the way
> of the Dodo. The asking prices for Jordan Highway Miniatures has gone
> completely insane! Only hard core collectors of HO scale vehicles can
> afford them now. From time to time you may find a deal where the
> seller isn't looking to gouge anyone but those days are swiftly coming
> to an end.
>
> Dale Buxton
>
> On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 2:48 AM Mark Kasprowicz <mark@...
> <mailto:mark@...>> wrote:
>
>     Not sure how much this kit was when still in production but I'm
>     sure it wasn't anywhere near this.
>
>     https://www.ebay.com/itm/124344746704?ul_noapp=true
>
>     Mark K
>     Oxon

Darn youngsters.  I am so old that I remember the gas wars!  Gas was 8 to 12 cents a gallon and they threw in dishes, towels, or other special offerings to entice you to get the whole set of what evers.  I remember in 1965 when I filled my take up for 46 cents!  Of course it was a Honda 50 Super Sport motor bike! hahahhaha

Funny Russ.  I too paid as low as $0.19/gal!

And when I tell the Juniors and Seniors in our Electrical Technology class I was paid $1.05/hr when I started at McDonald's they can't imagine working for that wage.  But then I tell them burgers were $0.17 and cheeseburgers were $0.19 and their eyes bug out!

With cinders in your eyes,
Bruce Bowie
419-602-3584
in2trains@...

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020, 11:05 AM Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:
Of course, $20 back then would correspond to a much bigger dollar figure today.  I don't know when that kit came out, but I am old enough to remember gas for 19 cents a gallon.

Russ

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 10:16 AM Bill Lugg <luggw1@...> wrote:
Yes, the price tag on the box says it was $20 from Jim's Junction.

I really hope somebody is able to pick up the Rio Grande Models line as
Eric has a lot of important kits and parts in it and his casting are
excellent.

Bill Lugg

On 9/20/20 3:36 AM, Dale Buxton wrote:
> Rio Grande's web site is still up and it says $20.00 for this kit.
> This situation is only going to deepen if Eric's kit line goes the way
> of the Dodo. The asking prices for Jordan Highway Miniatures has gone
> completely insane! Only hard core collectors of HO scale vehicles can
> afford them now. From time to time you may find a deal where the
> seller isn't looking to gouge anyone but those days are swiftly coming
> to an end.
>
> Dale Buxton
>
> On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 2:48 AM Mark Kasprowicz <mark@...
> <mailto:mark@...>> wrote:
>
>     Not sure how much this kit was when still in production but I'm
>     sure it wasn't anywhere near this.
>
>     https://www.ebay.com/itm/124344746704?ul_noapp=true
>
>     Mark K
>     Oxon

kevin b

i can remember gas at .39 a gallon. free glass with 8 gallon fill up.
'course, i was ridin' not drivin' yet.
Kevin.

On Sunday, September 20, 2020, 02:23:29 PM CDT, Climax@... <climax@...> wrote:

Darn youngsters.  I am so old that I remember the gas wars!  Gas was 8 to 12 cents a gallon and they threw in dishes, towels, or other special offerings to entice you to get the whole set of what evers.  I remember in 1965 when I filled my take up for 46 cents!  Of course it was a Honda 50 Super Sport motor bike! hahahhaha

Funny Russ.  I too paid as low as $0.19/gal!

And when I tell the Juniors and Seniors in our Electrical Technology class I was paid $1.05/hr when I started at McDonald's they can't imagine working for that wage.  But then I tell them burgers were $0.17 and cheeseburgers were $0.19 and their eyes bug out!

With cinders in your eyes,
Bruce Bowie
419-602-3584
in2trains@...

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020, 11:05 AM Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:
Of course, $20 back then would correspond to a much bigger dollar figure today.  I don't know when that kit came out, but I am old enough to remember gas for 19 cents a gallon.

Russ

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 10:16 AM Bill Lugg <luggw1@...> wrote:
Yes, the price tag on the box says it was $20 from Jim's Junction.

I really hope somebody is able to pick up the Rio Grande Models line as
Eric has a lot of important kits and parts in it and his casting are
excellent.

Bill Lugg

On 9/20/20 3:36 AM, Dale Buxton wrote:
> Rio Grande's web site is still up and it says $20.00 for this kit.
> This situation is only going to deepen if Eric's kit line goes the way
> of the Dodo. The asking prices for Jordan Highway Miniatures has gone
> completely insane! Only hard core collectors of HO scale vehicles can
> afford them now. From time to time you may find a deal where the
> seller isn't looking to gouge anyone but those days are swiftly coming
> to an end.
>
> Dale Buxton
>
> On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 2:48 AM Mark Kasprowicz <mark@...
> <mailto:mark@...>> wrote:
>
>     Not sure how much this kit was when still in production but I'm
>     sure it wasn't anywhere near this.
>
>     https://www.ebay.com/itm/124344746704?ul_noapp=true
>
>     Mark K
>     Oxon

Bill Lugg

Well, I'm a bit younger.  I was pumping it a $0.60 a gallon, washing windshields, checking oil, etc.  I even did lube, oil and filter when business was slow.  I even got robbed once.

Ah, those were the days...
Bill Lugg

in2trains@... <mailto:in2trains@...>

<@luggw1 <mailto:@luggw1>>
wrote:

Yes, the price tag on the box says it was $20 from Jim's
Junction.

I really hope somebody is able to pick up the Rio Grande
Models line as
Eric has a lot of important kits and parts in it and his
casting are
excellent.

Bill Lugg

On 9/20/20 3:36 AM, Dale Buxton wrote:
> Rio Grande's web site is still up and it says $20.00 for
this kit.
> This situation is only going to deepen if Eric's kit
line goes the way
> of the Dodo. The asking prices for Jordan Highway
Miniatures has gone
> completely insane! Only hard core collectors of HO scale
vehicles can
> afford them now. From time to time you may find a deal
where the
> seller isn't looking to gouge anyone but those days are
swiftly coming
> to an end.
>
> Dale Buxton
>
> On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 2:48 AM Mark Kasprowicz
<mark@... <mailto:mark@...>
> <mailto:mark@... <mailto:mark@...>>> wrote:
>
>     Not sure how much this kit was when still in
production but I'm
>     sure it wasn't anywhere near this.
>
> https://www.ebay.com/itm/124344746704?ul_noapp=true
>
>     Mark K
>     Oxon

Randy Hees

My first tank of gas was .19 cents a gallon... I was pumping gas at .25 a gallon and yes, got robbed... when the police arrived I was sitting on him...  Our hobby has a tradition of short runs, and prices go up with rarity...  There are rumors of someone trying to buy Eric's business...   If they don't I will miss his kits, but some of the subjects, mostly his V&T kits are being offered now from Shapeways by several young men...

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 2:50 PM Bill Lugg <luggw1@...> wrote:
Well, I'm a bit younger.  I was pumping it a $0.60 a gallon, washing
windshields, checking oil, etc.  I even did lube, oil and filter when
business was slow.  I even got robbed once.

Ah, those were the days...
Bill Lugg

On 9/20/20 2:52 PM, kevin b via groups.io wrote:
> i can remember gas at .39 a gallon. free glass with 8 gallon fill up.
> 'course, i was ridin' not drivin' yet.
> Kevin.
>
> On Sunday, September 20, 2020, 02:23:29 PM CDT, Climax@...
> <climax@...> wrote:
>

> Darn youngsters.  I am so old that I remember the gas wars!  Gas was 8
> to 12 cents a gallon and they threw in dishes, towels, or other
> special offerings to entice you to get the whole set of what evers.  I
> remember in 1965 when I filled my take up for 46 cents!  Of course it
> was a Honda 50 Super Sport motor bike! hahahhaha

Russ Norris

I remember when the Ed Sullivan Show was sponsored by Texaco.  In the commercials 5 uniformed guys would run out to service a car, pump gas, check the oil, wash the windshield and sing the Texaco theme song, all at the same time.

Russ

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020, 5:50 PM Bill Lugg <luggw1@...> wrote:
Well, I'm a bit younger.  I was pumping it a $0.60 a gallon, washing
windshields, checking oil, etc.  I even did lube, oil and filter when
business was slow.  I even got robbed once.

Ah, those were the days...
Bill Lugg

On 9/20/20 2:52 PM, kevin b via groups.io wrote:
> i can remember gas at .39 a gallon. free glass with 8 gallon fill up.
> 'course, i was ridin' not drivin' yet.
> Kevin.
>
> On Sunday, September 20, 2020, 02:23:29 PM CDT, Climax@...
> <climax@...> wrote:
>

> Darn youngsters.  I am so old that I remember the gas wars!  Gas was 8
> to 12 cents a gallon and they threw in dishes, towels, or other
> special offerings to entice you to get the whole set of what evers.  I
> remember in 1965 when I filled my take up for 46 cents!  Of course it
> was a Honda 50 Super Sport motor bike! hahahhaha

Ric Case

Heck I remember doing it for 50cents per hr. After two years on the job! Lol

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Sep 20, 2020, at 7:17 PM, Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:

I remember when the Ed Sullivan Show was sponsored by Texaco.  In the commercials 5 uniformed guys would run out to service a car, pump gas, check the oil, wash the windshield and sing the Texaco theme song, all at the same time.

Russ

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020, 5:50 PM Bill Lugg <luggw1@...> wrote:
Well, I'm a bit younger.  I was pumping it a $0.60 a gallon, washing
windshields, checking oil, etc.  I even did lube, oil and filter when
business was slow.  I even got robbed once.

Ah, those were the days...
Bill Lugg

On 9/20/20 2:52 PM, kevin b via groups.io wrote:
> i can remember gas at .39 a gallon. free glass with 8 gallon fill up.
> 'course, i was ridin' not drivin' yet.
> Kevin.
>
> On Sunday, September 20, 2020, 02:23:29 PM CDT, Climax@...
> <climax@...> wrote:
>

> Darn youngsters.  I am so old that I remember the gas wars!  Gas was 8
> to 12 cents a gallon and they threw in dishes, towels, or other
> special offerings to entice you to get the whole set of what evers.  I
> remember in 1965 when I filled my take up for 46 cents!  Of course it
> was a Honda 50 Super Sport motor bike! hahahhaha

This is beginning to sound like a bunch of old codgers bragging to one another about how "when I was a youngster we had to walk 5 miles in a blizzard to school ... up hill ... both ways".

Russ

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020, 7:33 PM Ric Case <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:
Heck I remember doing it for 50cents per hr. After two years on the job! Lol

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Sep 20, 2020, at 7:17 PM, Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:

I remember when the Ed Sullivan Show was sponsored by Texaco.  In the commercials 5 uniformed guys would run out to service a car, pump gas, check the oil, wash the windshield and sing the Texaco theme song, all at the same time.

Russ

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020, 5:50 PM Bill Lugg <luggw1@...> wrote:
Well, I'm a bit younger.  I was pumping it a $0.60 a gallon, washing
windshields, checking oil, etc.  I even did lube, oil and filter when
business was slow.  I even got robbed once.

Ah, those were the days...
Bill Lugg

On 9/20/20 2:52 PM, kevin b via groups.io wrote:
> i can remember gas at .39 a gallon. free glass with 8 gallon fill up.
> 'course, i was ridin' not drivin' yet.
> Kevin.
>
> On Sunday, September 20, 2020, 02:23:29 PM CDT, Climax@...
> <climax@...> wrote:
>

> Darn youngsters.  I am so old that I remember the gas wars!  Gas was 8
> to 12 cents a gallon and they threw in dishes, towels, or other
> special offerings to entice you to get the whole set of what evers.  I
> remember in 1965 when I filled my take up for 46 cents!  Of course it
> was a Honda 50 Super Sport motor bike! hahahhaha

lol 😂

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Sep 20, 2020, at 7:38 PM, Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:

This is beginning to sound like a bunch of old codgers bragging to one another about how "when I was a youngster we had to walk 5 miles in a blizzard to school ... up hill ... both ways".

Russ

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020, 7:33 PM Ric Case <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:
Heck I remember doing it for 50cents per hr. After two years on the job! Lol

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Sep 20, 2020, at 7:17 PM, Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:

I remember when the Ed Sullivan Show was sponsored by Texaco.  In the commercials 5 uniformed guys would run out to service a car, pump gas, check the oil, wash the windshield and sing the Texaco theme song, all at the same time.

Russ

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020, 5:50 PM Bill Lugg <luggw1@...> wrote:
Well, I'm a bit younger.  I was pumping it a $0.60 a gallon, washing
windshields, checking oil, etc.  I even did lube, oil and filter when
business was slow.  I even got robbed once.

Ah, those were the days...
Bill Lugg

On 9/20/20 2:52 PM, kevin b via groups.io wrote:
> i can remember gas at .39 a gallon. free glass with 8 gallon fill up.
> 'course, i was ridin' not drivin' yet.
> Kevin.
>
> On Sunday, September 20, 2020, 02:23:29 PM CDT, Climax@...
> <climax@...> wrote:
>

> Darn youngsters.  I am so old that I remember the gas wars!  Gas was 8
> to 12 cents a gallon and they threw in dishes, towels, or other
> special offerings to entice you to get the whole set of what evers.  I
> remember in 1965 when I filled my take up for 46 cents!  Of course it
> was a Honda 50 Super Sport motor bike! hahahhaha

When you look at the average age of most of us! We probably really are!

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Sep 20, 2020, at 7:41 PM, Ric Case via groups.io <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:

lol 😂

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Sep 20, 2020, at 7:38 PM, Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:

This is beginning to sound like a bunch of old codgers bragging to one another about how "when I was a youngster we had to walk 5 miles in a blizzard to school ... up hill ... both ways".

Russ

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020, 7:33 PM Ric Case <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:
Heck I remember doing it for 50cents per hr. After two years on the job! Lol

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Sep 20, 2020, at 7:17 PM, Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:

I remember when the Ed Sullivan Show was sponsored by Texaco.  In the commercials 5 uniformed guys would run out to service a car, pump gas, check the oil, wash the windshield and sing the Texaco theme song, all at the same time.

Russ

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020, 5:50 PM Bill Lugg <luggw1@...> wrote:
Well, I'm a bit younger.  I was pumping it a $0.60 a gallon, washing
windshields, checking oil, etc.  I even did lube, oil and filter when
business was slow.  I even got robbed once.

Ah, those were the days...
Bill Lugg

On 9/20/20 2:52 PM, kevin b via groups.io wrote:
> i can remember gas at .39 a gallon. free glass with 8 gallon fill up.
> 'course, i was ridin' not drivin' yet.
> Kevin.
>
> On Sunday, September 20, 2020, 02:23:29 PM CDT, Climax@...
> <climax@...> wrote:
>

> Darn youngsters.  I am so old that I remember the gas wars!  Gas was 8
> to 12 cents a gallon and they threw in dishes, towels, or other
> special offerings to entice you to get the whole set of what evers.  I
> remember in 1965 when I filled my take up for 46 cents!  Of course it
> was a Honda 50 Super Sport motor bike! hahahhaha

Who you calling an old geezer?

On Sep 20, 2020, at 7:41 PM, Ric Case via groups.io <ebtmodeler=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

lol 😂

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Sep 20, 2020, at 7:38 PM, Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:

This is beginning to sound like a bunch of old codgers bragging to one another about how "when I was a youngster we had to walk 5 miles in a blizzard to school ... up hill ... both ways".

Russ

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020, 7:33 PM Ric Case <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:
Heck I remember doing it for 50cents per hr. After two years on the job! Lol

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Sep 20, 2020, at 7:17 PM, Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:

I remember when the Ed Sullivan Show was sponsored by Texaco.  In the commercials 5 uniformed guys would run out to service a car, pump gas, check the oil, wash the windshield and sing the Texaco theme song, all at the same time.

Russ

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020, 5:50 PM Bill Lugg <luggw1@...> wrote:
Well, I'm a bit younger.  I was pumping it a $0.60 a gallon, washing
windshields, checking oil, etc.  I even did lube, oil and filter when
business was slow.  I even got robbed once.

Ah, those were the days...
Bill Lugg

On 9/20/20 2:52 PM, kevin b via groups.io wrote:
> i can remember gas at .39 a gallon. free glass with 8 gallon fill up.
> 'course, i was ridin' not drivin' yet.
> Kevin.
>
> On Sunday, September 20, 2020, 02:23:29 PM CDT, Climax@...
> <climax@...> wrote:
>

> Darn youngsters.  I am so old that I remember the gas wars!  Gas was 8
> to 12 cents a gallon and they threw in dishes, towels, or other
> special offerings to entice you to get the whole set of what evers.  I
> remember in 1965 when I filled my take up for 46 cents!  Of course it
> was a Honda 50 Super Sport motor bike! hahahhaha

Gary Crawford

But it was uphill both ways! Honest, I lived in Colorado during my High School years.   G.

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020, 7:42 PM Ric Case <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:
When you look at the average age of most of us! We probably really are!

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Sep 20, 2020, at 7:41 PM, Ric Case via groups.io <ebtmodeler=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

lol 😂

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Sep 20, 2020, at 7:38 PM, Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:

This is beginning to sound like a bunch of old codgers bragging to one another about how "when I was a youngster we had to walk 5 miles in a blizzard to school ... up hill ... both ways".

Russ

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020, 7:33 PM Ric Case <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:
Heck I remember doing it for 50cents per hr. After two years on the job! Lol

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Sep 20, 2020, at 7:17 PM, Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:

I remember when the Ed Sullivan Show was sponsored by Texaco.  In the commercials 5 uniformed guys would run out to service a car, pump gas, check the oil, wash the windshield and sing the Texaco theme song, all at the same time.

Russ

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020, 5:50 PM Bill Lugg <luggw1@...> wrote:
Well, I'm a bit younger.  I was pumping it a $0.60 a gallon, washing
windshields, checking oil, etc.  I even did lube, oil and filter when
business was slow.  I even got robbed once.

Ah, those were the days...
Bill Lugg

On 9/20/20 2:52 PM, kevin b via groups.io wrote:
> i can remember gas at .39 a gallon. free glass with 8 gallon fill up.
> 'course, i was ridin' not drivin' yet.
> Kevin.
>
> On Sunday, September 20, 2020, 02:23:29 PM CDT, Climax@...
> <climax@...> wrote:
>

> Darn youngsters.  I am so old that I remember the gas wars!  Gas was 8
> to 12 cents a gallon and they threw in dishes, towels, or other
> special offerings to entice you to get the whole set of what evers.  I
> remember in 1965 when I filled my take up for 46 cents!  Of course it
> was a Honda 50 Super Sport motor bike! hahahhaha

I bought my first vehicle in 1976. Gas wass 52 cents a gal. that summer in Denver. But, that winter at the Ski Resort towns it was $1.08 during the season. After the season closed it dropped back down the mid 60 cent range in the mountains. Gas has always been more expensive up there in my lifetime.The lowest I ever saw gas was in about 1960 on South Broadway about a mile south of where Caboose Hobbies was. It was a gas war. Price was 23 cents a gallon.

Dale Buxton

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 9:05 AM Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:
Of course, $20 back then would correspond to a much bigger dollar figure today.  I don't know when that kit came out, but I am old enough to remember gas for 19 cents a gallon.

Russ

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 10:16 AM Bill Lugg <luggw1@...> wrote:
Yes, the price tag on the box says it was $20 from Jim's Junction.

I really hope somebody is able to pick up the Rio Grande Models line as
Eric has a lot of important kits and parts in it and his casting are
excellent.

Bill Lugg

On 9/20/20 3:36 AM, Dale Buxton wrote:
> Rio Grande's web site is still up and it says $20.00 for this kit.
> This situation is only going to deepen if Eric's kit line goes the way
> of the Dodo. The asking prices for Jordan Highway Miniatures has gone
> completely insane! Only hard core collectors of HO scale vehicles can
> afford them now. From time to time you may find a deal where the
> seller isn't looking to gouge anyone but those days are swiftly coming
> to an end.
>
> Dale Buxton
>
> On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 2:48 AM Mark Kasprowicz <mark@...
> <mailto:mark@...>> wrote:
>
>     Not sure how much this kit was when still in production but I'm
>     sure it wasn't anywhere near this.
>
>     https://www.ebay.com/itm/124344746704?ul_noapp=true
>
>     Mark K
>     Oxon

Dale, I grew up in a suburban community in New Jersey about 10 miles west of the George Washington  Bridge.  Gas was cheap in the early 1950's.  Our first car was a brand spanking new green Mercury that my friends dubbed the "inverted bathtub".  I learned to drive in that car ... and got in a lot of trouble with it too -- but that's another story.

Russ

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020, 5:06 AM Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:
I bought my first vehicle in 1976. Gas wass 52 cents a gal. that summer in Denver. But, that winter at the Ski Resort towns it was $1.08 during the season. After the season closed it dropped back down the mid 60 cent range in the mountains. Gas has always been more expensive up there in my lifetime.The lowest I ever saw gas was in about 1960 on South Broadway about a mile south of where Caboose Hobbies was. It was a gas war. Price was 23 cents a gallon.

Dale Buxton

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 9:05 AM Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:
Of course, $20 back then would correspond to a much bigger dollar figure today.  I don't know when that kit came out, but I am old enough to remember gas for 19 cents a gallon.

Russ

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 10:16 AM Bill Lugg <luggw1@...> wrote:
Yes, the price tag on the box says it was $20 from Jim's Junction.

I really hope somebody is able to pick up the Rio Grande Models line as
Eric has a lot of important kits and parts in it and his casting are
excellent.

Bill Lugg

On 9/20/20 3:36 AM, Dale Buxton wrote:
> Rio Grande's web site is still up and it says $20.00 for this kit.
> This situation is only going to deepen if Eric's kit line goes the way
> of the Dodo. The asking prices for Jordan Highway Miniatures has gone
> completely insane! Only hard core collectors of HO scale vehicles can
> afford them now. From time to time you may find a deal where the
> seller isn't looking to gouge anyone but those days are swiftly coming
> to an end.
>
> Dale Buxton
>
> On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 2:48 AM Mark Kasprowicz <mark@...
> <mailto:mark@...>> wrote:
>
>     Not sure how much this kit was when still in production but I'm
>     sure it wasn't anywhere near this.
>
>     https://www.ebay.com/itm/124344746704?ul_noapp=true
>
>     Mark K
>     Oxon

Bruce

This sounds like the conversation the old guys have every morning at McDonalds...when you could actually sit inside a McDonalds.

With cinders in your eyes,
Bruce
419-602-3584 cell