A Helix Tale, part 2 Progress photos

Don Bergman

The results of adding my around the furnace helix.  Although operational, as one must get on one's knees to throw a turnout, blocking the aisle,  it acts as staging.

Don Bergman

Photo 1: The 70s depot that was brought unto onto the layout.  The photo is pre rehab that it just went through replacing lost roof peak trim and several other items during Covid.  Not quite ready to be reset.
Photo 2 &3 The Engine Facilities.  The whole layer needs vegetation but a small section by the tank has some. This section is on wheels as it must be moved back against the wall to get into an access hole to work on the 2 layers above.  It come up inside the Anderson Loop and the Lizard head track above that.
Photo 4 & 5 the yard.  I was able to get the Wye in, but brass K-27's cannot take it and Blackstone make it every so often, so I do not send one through it during an op session.
It was extremely difficult painting the backdrop.  The clearance varies from about 12" at the Depot and yard and 16" at the engine terminal.   I have experimented with cardboard cutouts and N scale buildings for the town of Ridgway behind the depot but have not decided on anything yet.