San Juan Details trucks and NG pictorials....

Brian Kopp

I did a quick message search and didn't see that anyone had recently discussed these.....hope I didn't miss it.

Has anyone ordered the HOn3 trucks San Juan Details is now selling? I saw archbar and passenger trucks for sale. The wheels look a little different to me than before.....I wonder how they run.....

I was also surprised to see the NG Pictorial books for sale. I wonder if that is NOS or a new run, from the publisher. Exciting!

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Mark Lewis

Brian,

Yes, I have ordered and received the "new" D&RGW 3'7" Truck Sets.

Mark Lewis

On Tue, Jul 19, 2022, 7:19 AM Brian Kopp <kc5lpa1@...> wrote:
I did a quick message search and didn't see that anyone had recently discussed these.....hope I didn't miss it.

Has anyone ordered the HOn3 trucks San Juan Details is now selling? I saw archbar and passenger trucks for sale. The wheels look a little different to me than before.....I wonder how they run.....

I was also surprised to see the NG Pictorial books for sale. I wonder if that is NOS or a new run, from the publisher. Exciting!

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Brian Kopp

Mark, thanks. Did you have to request them? I don't see the 3'7" archbar HOn3 trucks on the San Juan Details sitem at the moment....Just the 4' 8" and caboose trucks.

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Mark Lewis

Brian,

Yes...I had to place a verbal order with Starla, for them, by description. She is aware that these new truck sets are not listed in the online catalog. Notice there is no part # on the package header card.
It makes no sense that a company would have inventory of a sought after item, but not catalog it for the public to see and purchase.

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Tue, Jul 19, 2022, 9:19 AM Brian Kopp <kc5lpa1@...> wrote:
Mark, thanks. Did you have to request them? I don't see the 3'7" archbar HOn3 trucks on the San Juan Details sitem at the moment....Just the 4' 8" and caboose trucks.

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Doug Junda

All,

The trucks are not listed until we settle a few issues that are going on internally.  Once these issues are resolved,  the trucks will be listed.

Thanks,

Doug

Yes...I had to place a verbal order with Starla, for them, by description. She is aware that these new truck sets are not listed in the online catalog. Notice there is no part # on the package header card.

It makes no sense that a company would have inventory of a sought after item, but not catalog it for the public to see and purchase.

Mark Lewis

Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Tue, Jul 19, 2022, 9:19 AM Brian Kopp <kc5lpa1@...> wrote:

Mark, thanks. Did you have to request them? I don't see the 3'7" archbar HOn3 trucks on the San Juan Details sitem at the moment....Just the 4' 8" and caboose trucks.

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Scott Baker

Mark,
I'm curious how they roll compared to previous Grandtline? Due to shortage of Blackstone trucks, I have been using the new two-piece Kadee's for my scratch and kit built Hon3 cars and they roll just as well as Blackstone. I have also used PSC, RG Models, "old" Grandtline, and recently Leadville Designs and they all have performed without problems.

Scott

jake3404@...

Thanks Doug,

Been waiting with anticipation for the release. I will continue to be patient. Glad you guys are continuing to produce the Grandt Line trucks.

Mike Conder

Our club has a member witjbthebtrucks and he said that they run very, very well. close to if not equal to Blackstone trucks.

Mike Conder

On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 9:56 AM Scott Baker <sbake5570@...> wrote:
Mark,
I'm curious how they roll compared to previous Grandtline? Due to shortage of Blackstone trucks, I have been using the new two-piece Kadee's for my scratch and kit built Hon3 cars and they roll just as well as Blackstone. I have also used PSC, RG Models, "old" Grandtline, and recently Leadville Designs and they all have performed without problems.

Scott

Mark Lewis

Scott,

As far as "how they roll" compared to the original Grandt Line truck sets...in my very simple roll test on a 3' piece of M-E code 70 flex track, which my layout is being built with...I think the new truck set roll a little bit better than the original Grandt Line truck sets. On the new sets, there is a "really tiny" bit of casting flash, compared to none on the originals.  Most people won't even deal with, but it is there and 10 seconds with a new #11 blade, it was gone. I'm impressed and hope Doug will find a way to produce the other common variations (4'8" arch bar, caboose, tank car passenger, Bettendorf, etc.) of D&RGW, RGS & C&S narrow gauge truck sets, in the near future.

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 11:56 AM Scott Baker <sbake5570@...> wrote:
Mark,
I'm curious how they roll compared to previous Grandtline? Due to shortage of Blackstone trucks, I have been using the new two-piece Kadee's for my scratch and kit built Hon3 cars and they roll just as well as Blackstone. I have also used PSC, RG Models, "old" Grandtline, and recently Leadville Designs and they all have performed without problems.

Scott

Scott Baker

Mark and Mike,
Thanks for the feedback, I try to support the NG manufacturers as best as I can and will try the San Juan trucks when I need more. Years age before switching to NG, I used a Reboxx truck reaming tool to clean out flash from the axel point holes in the truck frames. A NG equivalent would be handy and could possibly be a money making product for a manufacturer.

George Pierson

Hi, all,

Are the San Juan HOn3 trucks the same as the Grandt Line truck?  Or do they roll more freely?

George Pierson

Mark Lewis

George,

Your answer to your question, is in the above posts.

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

Brian Kopp

Thanks everyone. Looks like a call to Starla at San Juan is in order......

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

jake3404@...

Starla is about to get a massive amount of calls for NG Trucks....  :D