HOn3 trucks

Doug Junda

All,

We are thinking about bringing the Grandtline HOn3 trucks back out.

We have been testing them with stainless steel wheels sets, and been having good luck

Is there enough interest in them? Again, they would not roll like the blackstone, version. But, we think they will roll and be more constant they the old grand line trucks.

I would love to have some input form the group on this.

Thanks,

Doug Junda
San Juan Model co

John Short

Doug,

I would love to see a return of the HOn3 trucks, especially with stainless steel wheelsets!

John Short

On Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 10:10:22 AM EDT, Doug Junda <djunda@...> wrote:

All,

We are thinking about bringing the Grandtline HOn3 trucks back out.

We have been testing them with stainless steel wheels sets, and been having good luck

Is there enough interest in them?  Again,  they would not roll like the blackstone, version.  But, we think they will roll and be more constant they the old grand line trucks.

I would love to have some input form the group on this.

Thanks,

Doug Junda
San Juan Model co

Mark Lewis

Doug,

I second John Shorts comment on new Grandt Line trucks, as a real need exists for them.
Might passenger trucks be in the mix, as well?

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021, 10:25 AM John Short <johnsk28@...> wrote:
Doug,

I would love to see a return of the HOn3 trucks, especially with stainless steel wheelsets!

John Short

On Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 10:10:22 AM EDT, Doug Junda <djunda@...> wrote:

All,

We are thinking about bringing the Grandtline HOn3 trucks back out.

We have been testing them with stainless steel wheels sets, and been having good luck

Is there enough interest in them?  Again,  they would not roll like the blackstone, version.  But, we think they will roll and be more constant they the old grand line trucks.

I would love to have some input form the group on this.

Thanks,

Doug Junda
San Juan Model co

Richard Johnson

Having had dozens of pairs of the old grandt line hon3 trucks serve for many years with ony one set rolling its axle off I would say go for it.
Probably nothing will compare to the quality and free rolling ability of the Blackstone trucks, however my understanding is they are out of stock and production from what I have heard.
Also, the Blackstone trucks rolled so freely that cars would roll away on sidings, I had to take some campbels or A line chain and drop it on one rail to be able to park cars, or make sure at least one old grandt line truck car was parked with the bunch.

Regards all
Rich Johnson

www.RichardSJohnson.net

"Those who enjoy freedom must endeavor to preserve it."

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms"
Thomas Jefferson

We are thinking about bringing the Grandtline HOn3 trucks back out.

We have been testing them with stainless steel wheels sets, and been having good luck

Is there enough interest in them?  Again,  they would not roll like the blackstone, version.  But, we think they will roll and be more constant they the old grand line trucks.

I would love to have some input form the group on this.

Thanks,

Doug Junda
San Juan Model co

RICHARD DONNA BELL

Hi Doug,

I too am interested in the new trucks. Will the wheel sets be compatible with the old Grandt Line frames? Also, will the wheel sets be available as a separate item?

Dick Bell

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

We are thinking about bringing the Grandtline HOn3 trucks back out.

We have been testing them with stainless steel wheels sets, and been having good luck

Is there enough interest in them?  Again,  they would not roll like the blackstone, version.  But, we think they will roll and be more constant they the old grand line trucks.

I would love to have some input form the group on this.

Thanks,

Doug Junda
San Juan Model co

Climax@...

You should just drill a bunch of tiny holes and glue in some clear fishing line so that it engages with the axles to hold the cars on a problem grade where the car rolls away.  Has worked for years and can hardly be seen almost like weeds.

We are thinking about bringing the Grandtline HOn3 trucks back out.

We have been testing them with stainless steel wheels sets, and been having good luck

Is there enough interest in them?  Again,  they would not roll like the blackstone, version.  But, we think they will roll and be more constant they the old grand line trucks.

I would love to have some input form the group on this.

Thanks,

Doug Junda
San Juan Model co

Jim Marlett

On Jul 6, 2021, at 9:10 AM, Doug Junda <djunda@pdtnetworks.org> wrote:

All,

We are thinking about bringing the Grandtline HOn3 trucks back out.

We have been testing them with stainless steel wheels sets, and been having good luck

Is there enough interest in them? Again, they would not roll like the blackstone, version. But, we think they will roll and be more constant they the old grand line trucks.

I would love to have some input form the group on this.

Thanks,

Doug Junda
San Juan Model co

Brian Kopp

Doug I am a huge fan of the Grandt line HOn3 trucks too. It would be great to have the 5110/5111 back and available. Can you also sell the 5132 wheelsets again? They are invaluable for passenger truck refits like the MRGS kits and electrical pick-ups for lighting cars.....
--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

wtmiv

Definitely would be welcome!
Bill M.

On Jul 6, 2021, at 8:42 AM, Jim Marlett <jmarlett@cox.net> wrote:

Please do!

Jim Marlett
https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fflatheaddrag.com%2F&;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd349778f156047bf685f08d9408c462b%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637611793476244737%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=k9qKHFWlDNr853pjuuFH7keQX1N5rjY9RRXjxBZE3UI%3D&amp;reserved=0
https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fjimmarlett.zenfolio.com%2F&;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd349778f156047bf685f08d9408c462b%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637611793476244737%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=UmLMCU1cWvWOtpJP%2BJDDaPVFaP1XMHcIu%2FKvyCCDeRo%3D&amp;reserved=0

On Jul 6, 2021, at 9:10 AM, Doug Junda <djunda@pdtnetworks.org> wrote:

All,

We are thinking about bringing the Grandtline HOn3 trucks back out.

We have been testing them with stainless steel wheels sets, and been having good luck

Is there enough interest in them? Again, they would not roll like the blackstone, version. But, we think they will roll and be more constant they the old grand line trucks.

I would love to have some input form the group on this.

Thanks,

Doug Junda
San Juan Model co

Bill Miller

Yes Please do bring them back.

Wm Miller

We are thinking about bringing the Grandtline HOn3 trucks back out.

We have been testing them with stainless steel wheels sets, and been having good luck

Is there enough interest in them?  Again,  they would not roll like the blackstone, version.  But, we think they will roll and be more constant they the old grand line trucks.

I would love to have some input form the group on this.

Thanks,

Doug Junda
San Juan Model co

lloyd lehrer

Doug are we talking one piece molded bodies on the trucks? If so, yes.

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021, 7:25 AM John Short <johnsk28@...> wrote:
Doug,

I would love to see a return of the HOn3 trucks, especially with stainless steel wheelsets!

John Short

On Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 10:10:22 AM EDT, Doug Junda <djunda@...> wrote:

All,

We are thinking about bringing the Grandtline HOn3 trucks back out.

We have been testing them with stainless steel wheels sets, and been having good luck

Is there enough interest in them?  Again,  they would not roll like the blackstone, version.  But, we think they will roll and be more constant they the old grand line trucks.

I would love to have some input form the group on this.

Thanks,

Doug Junda
San Juan Model co

--
lloyd lehrer

Dave Eggleston

Please do!

Dave Eggleston

On Jul 6, 2021, at 7:10 AM, Doug Junda <djunda@pdtnetworks.org> wrote:

All,

We are thinking about bringing the Grandtline HOn3 trucks back out.

We have been testing them with stainless steel wheels sets, and been having good luck

Is there enough interest in them? Again, they would not roll like the blackstone, version. But, we think they will roll and be more constant they the old grand line trucks.

I would love to have some input form the group on this.

Thanks,

Doug Junda
San Juan Model co

Ernie Barney

Yes, I would definitely purchase as I have several projects in the works. BTW I recently ordered large scale decals and they are excellent as usual.
Ernie

Mick Moignard

I’m up for new production of Grandt trucks too.

Mick

________________________________
Mick Moignard
m: +44 7774 652504
Skype: mickmoignard

The week may start M,T but it always ends WTF.

martin feldwick

Suits me

On Tue, 6 Jul 2021 at 17:33, Mick Moignard <mick@...> wrote:
I’m up for new production of Grandt trucks too.

Mick

________________________________
Mick Moignard
m: +44 7774 652504
Skype: mickmoignard

The week may start M,T but it always ends WTF.

Art D3

Yes, please bring the GL trucks and wheel sets back.
--
Art Dutra
Meriden, CT

John

I'm in!
John Peckham

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 9:54 AM, Art D3
<apdutra3@...> wrote:
Yes, please bring the GL trucks and wheel sets back.
--
Art Dutra
Meriden, CT

David Laverick

Do It and I will by a dozen for starters!

On Jul 6, 2021, at 9:35 AM, RICHARD DONNA BELL <bell_1_05@...> wrote:

Hi Doug,

I too am interested in the new trucks. Will the wheel sets be compatible with the old Grandt Line frames? Also, will the wheel sets be available as a separate item?

Dick Bell

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

We are thinking about bringing the Grandtline HOn3 trucks back out.

We have been testing them with stainless steel wheels sets, and been having good luck

Is there enough interest in them?  Again,  they would not roll like the blackstone, version.  But, we think they will roll and be more constant they the old grand line trucks.

I would love to have some input form the group on this.

Thanks,

Doug Junda
San Juan Model co

kevin b

i would like to see those trucks returned to production.
i don't need any at the moment, but, if things go anywhere near to plan, i HOPE to be in need of several pair by mid winter.
if you need "X" number pre sold to make the run, let us know, i'm certain several of us will ante up.
thanks.
Kevin.

On Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 09:10:22 AM CDT, Doug Junda <djunda@...> wrote:

All,

We are thinking about bringing the Grandtline HOn3 trucks back out.

We have been testing them with stainless steel wheels sets, and been having good luck

Is there enough interest in them?  Again,  they would not roll like the blackstone, version.  But, we think they will roll and be more constant they the old grand line trucks.

I would love to have some input form the group on this.

Thanks,

Doug Junda
San Juan Model co

Mike Smith