prong holder ? screw sticker?

Robert Veefkind <snookdust@...>

Alas-my screw holder has gone beyond repair after some 50 years of use. It is 2 prong with a small slot in each prong. Small enough to hold 1 and 2 mm screws. I looked for similar but were larger 3 and 4 prong-way too big for my use. Any help ?      Bob V,

Russ Norris

For starting tiny screws (slot or phillips) I use little sticks with adhesive on the end.  I'm not sure where I originally got them, but I am inclined to think Micro Mark.  I just press the screw into the adhesive and use the combination to start the screw into the hold.  Then I use a conventional small screwdriver to finish the job.  Occasionally, I simply rub the top of the screw into the adhesive, enough to secure the screw to the screwdriver, and use it that way.  I have shaky hands and poor closeup vision, but this method usually does the job for me.

Russ

On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 1:56 PM Robert Veefkind via groups.io <snookdust=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Alas-my screw holder has gone beyond repair after some 50 years of use. It is 2 prong with a small slot in each prong. Small enough to hold 1 and 2 mm screws. I looked for similar but were larger 3 and 4 prong-way too big for my use. Any help ?      Bob V,

Wayne

I just use a little beeswax on the tip of the screwdriver.

--
Wayne Taylor

Nigel Phillips

If using steel screws use magnetic tip screwdrivers. If not magnetic a few swipes along a magnet generates a weak magnetic field strong enough to pick up small screws. If brass a dap of lube grease or oil on the screwdriver bit, not the screw head. Double-sided adhesive tape also works. Peels off when the screw bites.

Nigel

On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 3:47 PM Wayne <waynewtaylorii@...> wrote:
I just use a little beeswax on the tip of the screwdriver.

On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 11:56 AM Robert Veefkind via groups.io <snookdust=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Alas-my screw holder has gone beyond repair after some 50 years of use. It is 2 prong with a small slot in each prong. Small enough to hold 1 and 2 mm screws. I looked for similar but were larger 3 and 4 prong-way too big for my use. Any help ?      Bob V,

--
Wayne Taylor

LARRY KLOSE

I have a magnet tool holder above my work bench. I keep a small screwdriver on it and its magnetized enough to hold steel screws. For non magnetic screws I use a “nut starter” I got from micro mark—not sure of the name. Besides nuts it holds smaller screw heads than the one with little wire fingers and a plunger. I use the “finger” holder for larger screws and nuts.

Larry Klose