HOn3 Galloping Goose Trucks

cmdrwmriker

Hello all, thank you for the stimulating conversations on the GG trucks.  The unit my friend has is a standard gauge Con-Cor plastic HO unit.  He was thinking of modifying it to HOn3, but has since decided to leave it alone, and search for an actual HOn3 unit.  So, the original question I posed is moot.  Thank you. Bill

From: Mark <mark@...>
To: HOn3 <HOn3@groups.io>
Date: Tuesday, 22 June 2021 9:45 AM PDT
Subject: Re: [HOn3] HOn3 Galloping Goose Trucks

What sort of GG did he buy? Was it a ConCor or a brass one - if the latter which maker?
Mark K

Mark Kasprowicz

Thanks Jim,

I used one to motorise an HOn3 Lambert Goose 6 and wondered if they might still be available. But it's an expensive business to butcher a complete Con-Cor goose just for the truck.

Mark K

jmcqiv@...

Mark

That may have been a couple of years ago.  I called and was told by someone that I had to call back on a certain day and time to talk to whoever it was that would be there then.
I did that and was told what the item number was and where to send the check to.
 A couple of weeks later the truck arrived and has been good since then.
Good luck!
Jim McQueeny

On Wednesday, June 23, 2021, 1:07:35 AM CDT, Mark Kasprowicz <mark@...> wrote:

Was that recently Jim?

Mark K

Mark Kasprowicz

Was that recently Jim?

Mark K

jmcqiv@...

I bought a Con Cor rear truck direct from them that had melted when it shorted on a frog.

Jim McQueeny MMR
Rockford IL USA

On Jun 22, 2021, at 12:54 PM, Mark Kasprowicz <mark@...> wrote:

Did - ie past tense. Rocking horse shit now!

Mark Kasprowicz

Did - ie past tense. Rocking horse shit now!

Ray

Doesn't Concor sell them?  I bought them about a decade ago.
--
Ray in Colorado

Mark Kasprowicz

What sort of GG did he buy? Was it a ConCor or a brass one - if the latter which maker?
Mark K

cmdrwmriker

One member of my RR club purchased a GG without any trucks.  No comment on that purchase, but now He is looking to find some trucks for it.  Imagine that.  So, does anyone out there have a Con-cor GG for parts or know of any trucks that will fit/operate this thing?  I am an ignoramus about GG's (I would not, however buy one without trucks).
Thank you
bill m.