off subject ebay and pay pal

Robert Veefkind <snookdust@...>

I believe most of you use eBay and pay pal. Did you get the e mail about coming changes ? No mention of what happens to the money we have in pay pal. So many rip offs to be careful of.  tech challenged in Florida -Bob Veefkind

Railroads

I haven’t seen anything from either.

Allen Farnsworth

On May 3, 2021, at 6:26 PM, Robert Veefkind via groups.io <km20-8db9@...> wrote:

I believe most of you use eBay and pay pal. Did you get the e mail about coming changes ? No mention of what happens to the money we have in pay pal. So many rip offs to be careful of.  tech challenged in Florida -Bob Veefkind

Dale Buxton

Yeah I got that message too. My first thoughts were, I wonder what issues these changes are supposed to fix for Ebay? And how much more will it cost us?

Dale Buxton

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 18:26 Robert Veefkind via groups.io <snookdust=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I believe most of you use eBay and pay pal. Did you get the e mail about coming changes ? No mention of what happens to the money we have in pay pal. So many rip offs to be careful of.  tech challenged in Florida -Bob Veefkind

k27bry

Hi Bob / guys ,
                       I've been on e-bay for about 18 years and unless something has come up very recently that I'm unaware of I'm assuming you're referring to the switch from getting paid by Pay-Pal for sales  with payment now going directly to your bank ? I was switched over to this for the beginning of the year and it has worked out OK although I liked getting my e-bay sales proceeds going into Pay-Pal for other purchases as I don't tie PP to a credit card . Now I need to move money from my bank to PP to use for purchases . There is a little more to keep track of as now if you ship something and use the USPS you are paying for it with Pay-Pal at time of shipment , but if you use Fed Ex you are billed at months end or some interval and paid via your sales or through your bank account that is designated to receive your sales proceeds . I haven't checked , but it might be slightly cheaper as far as fees go - maybe 1% or so . A friend who runs an e-bay store was switched over last June or July and he doesn't seem to mind either .
                                                                 Regards,
                                                                                Bryan

Glenn

Many years back I opened a separate bank account for the sole purpose of linking PayPal to it. I put minimal funds into it as needed. PayPal transactions are drawn from this account directly not from a PlayPal fund. That way no one can access my personal funds. I now also also use PayPal to pay for other online purchases.

PayPal payments are sent using a PayPal  transaction code and not my bank account numbers.

I haven't read the mentioned emails, this is only a suggestion to protect my bank accounts.

Glenn