precision oiler

Robert Veefkind

seems my needle point oiler has disappeared -I thought it was a Kadee but guess not. What's popular these days?  thanks Guys and Gals too

Wayne

All my needle point oilers are LaBelle.  Still available in various viscosities.

--
Wayne Taylor

lloyd lehrer

also nano-oil.com and comes in 3 viscosities.

lloyd lehrer, MANHATTAN BEACH, CA (310)951-9097

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 12:18 PM Wayne <waynewtaylorii@...> wrote:
All my needle point oilers are LaBelle.  Still available in various viscosities.

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 1:05 PM Robert Veefkind via groups.io <snookdust=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
seems my needle point oiler has disappeared -I thought it was a Kadee but guess not. What's popular these days?  thanks Guys and Gals too

--
Wayne Taylor

--
lloyd lehrer

Robert Veefkind

In a message dated 12/18/2020 3:37:07 PM Eastern Standard Time, lloydlehrer@... writes:

thanks Guys   ordered the Labelle   good company and good stuff

LARRY KLOSE

Nano Oil also has grease. Good for gears.

Larry

John Hutnick

My question about oilers is more basic.  Not who will sell me oil.  Who sells an actual precision oiler with different needle sizes?  I have tried medical hypodermic syringes, put the plunger disintegrates.

Ken Martin

A-West has a line of Stainless Needlepoint bottles with different size tips.

Ken Martin

On Dec 19, 2020, at 7:08 AM, John Hutnick <johnhutnick@gmail.com> wrote:

My question about oilers is more basic. Not who will sell me oil. Who sells an actual precision oiler with different needle sizes? I have tried medical hypodermic syringes, put the plunger disintegrates.

Dale Buxton

To the best of my knowledge , A-west is out of business. But you can find similar products on Amazon in a vast range of  needle diameters. Nano-Oil (made by  St. Claire)  comes in applicator pens and bottles with decreasing needle diameters as the viscosity of the oil decreases. Because of the way it works, Nano-Oil truly is the best stuff out there! You can find it on Amazon as well.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 8:48 AM Ken Martin via groups.io <kmartin537=surewest.net@groups.io> wrote:
A-West has a line of Stainless Needlepoint  bottles with different size tips.

Ken Martin

> On Dec 19, 2020, at 7:08 AM, John Hutnick <johnhutnick@...> wrote:
>
> My question about oilers is more basic.  Not who will sell me oil.  Who sells an actual precision oiler with different needle sizes?  I have tried medical hypodermic syringes, put the plunger disintegrates.

Climax@...

I can confirm that A-West is no longer with is.  Terry and his wife were killed in a car accident and the company suddenly stopped.  No further knowledge is known of the chemical make up of his weathering fluids and other materials.
DB

To the best of my knowledge , A-west is out of business. But you can find similar products on Amazon in a vast range of  needle diameters. Nano-Oil (made by  St. Claire)  comes in applicator pens and bottles with decreasing needle diameters as the viscosity of the oil decreases. Because of the way it works, Nano-Oil truly is the best stuff out there! You can find it on Amazon as well.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 8:48 AM Ken Martin via groups.io <kmartin537=surewest.net@groups.io> wrote:
A-West has a line of Stainless Needlepoint  bottles with different size tips.

Ken Martin

> On Dec 19, 2020, at 7:08 AM, John Hutnick <johnhutnick@...> wrote:
>
> My question about oilers is more basic.  Not who will sell me oil.  Who sells an actual precision oiler with different needle sizes?  I have tried medical hypodermic syringes, put the plunger disintegrates.

lloyd lehrer

Dale, a-line/protopowerwest is very alive.

https://ppw-aline.com/

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020, 8:55 AM Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:
To the best of my knowledge , A-west is out of business. But you can find similar products on Amazon in a vast range of  needle diameters. Nano-Oil (made by  St. Claire)  comes in applicator pens and bottles with decreasing needle diameters as the viscosity of the oil decreases. Because of the way it works, Nano-Oil truly is the best stuff out there! You can find it on Amazon as well.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 8:48 AM Ken Martin via groups.io <kmartin537=surewest.net@groups.io> wrote:
A-West has a line of Stainless Needlepoint  bottles with different size tips.

Ken Martin

> On Dec 19, 2020, at 7:08 AM, John Hutnick <johnhutnick@...> wrote:
>
> My question about oilers is more basic.  Not who will sell me oil.  Who sells an actual precision oiler with different needle sizes?  I have tried medical hypodermic syringes, put the plunger disintegrates.

--
lloyd lehrer

Dale Buxton

My mistake. I was thinking of A-West. They are gone for sure. They also packaged Blacken-it and Weather-it. Very similar named companies though.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 10:19 lloyd lehrer <lloydlehrer@...> wrote:
Dale, a-line/protopowerwest is very alive.

https://ppw-aline.com/

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020, 8:55 AM Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:
To the best of my knowledge , A-west is out of business. But you can find similar products on Amazon in a vast range of  needle diameters. Nano-Oil (made by  St. Claire)  comes in applicator pens and bottles with decreasing needle diameters as the viscosity of the oil decreases. Because of the way it works, Nano-Oil truly is the best stuff out there! You can find it on Amazon as well.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 8:48 AM Ken Martin via groups.io <kmartin537=surewest.net@groups.io> wrote:
A-West has a line of Stainless Needlepoint  bottles with different size tips.

Ken Martin

> On Dec 19, 2020, at 7:08 AM, John Hutnick <johnhutnick@...> wrote:
>
> My question about oilers is more basic.  Not who will sell me oil.  Who sells an actual precision oiler with different needle sizes?  I have tried medical hypodermic syringes, put the plunger disintegrates.

--
lloyd lehrer

Dale Buxton

I take that back. I did post A-West not A-Line. These are two very different companies and product lines.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 18:21 Dale Buxton via groups.io <dbtuathaddana=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
My mistake. I was thinking of A-West. They are gone for sure. They also packaged Blacken-it and Weather-it. Very similar named companies though.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 10:19 lloyd lehrer <lloydlehrer@...> wrote:
Dale, a-line/protopowerwest is very alive.

https://ppw-aline.com/

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020, 8:55 AM Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:
To the best of my knowledge , A-west is out of business. But you can find similar products on Amazon in a vast range of  needle diameters. Nano-Oil (made by  St. Claire)  comes in applicator pens and bottles with decreasing needle diameters as the viscosity of the oil decreases. Because of the way it works, Nano-Oil truly is the best stuff out there! You can find it on Amazon as well.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 8:48 AM Ken Martin via groups.io <kmartin537=surewest.net@groups.io> wrote:
A-West has a line of Stainless Needlepoint  bottles with different size tips.

Ken Martin

> On Dec 19, 2020, at 7:08 AM, John Hutnick <johnhutnick@...> wrote:
>
> My question about oilers is more basic.  Not who will sell me oil.  Who sells an actual precision oiler with different needle sizes?  I have tried medical hypodermic syringes, put the plunger disintegrates.

--
lloyd lehrer

Climax@...

As well as Patina-it

My mistake. I was thinking of A-West. They are gone for sure. They also packaged Blacken-it and Weather-it. Very similar named companies though.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 10:19 lloyd lehrer <lloydlehrer@...> wrote:
Dale, a-line/protopowerwest is very alive.

https://ppw-aline.com/

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020, 8:55 AM Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:
To the best of my knowledge , A-west is out of business. But you can find similar products on Amazon in a vast range of  needle diameters. Nano-Oil (made by  St. Claire)  comes in applicator pens and bottles with decreasing needle diameters as the viscosity of the oil decreases. Because of the way it works, Nano-Oil truly is the best stuff out there! You can find it on Amazon as well.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 8:48 AM Ken Martin via groups.io <kmartin537=surewest.net@groups.io> wrote:
A-West has a line of Stainless Needlepoint  bottles with different size tips.

Ken Martin

> On Dec 19, 2020, at 7:08 AM, John Hutnick <johnhutnick@...> wrote:
>
> My question about oilers is more basic.  Not who will sell me oil.  Who sells an actual precision oiler with different needle sizes?  I have tried medical hypodermic syringes, put the plunger disintegrates.

--
lloyd lehrer

lloyd lehrer

Dale, you had it right and said A west. I read it wrong and thought aline.
 In either case, no needle bottles are available.

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020, 5:21 PM Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:
My mistake. I was thinking of A-West. They are gone for sure. They also packaged Blacken-it and Weather-it. Very similar named companies though.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 10:19 lloyd lehrer <lloydlehrer@...> wrote:
Dale, a-line/protopowerwest is very alive.

https://ppw-aline.com/

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020, 8:55 AM Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:
To the best of my knowledge , A-west is out of business. But you can find similar products on Amazon in a vast range of  needle diameters. Nano-Oil (made by  St. Claire)  comes in applicator pens and bottles with decreasing needle diameters as the viscosity of the oil decreases. Because of the way it works, Nano-Oil truly is the best stuff out there! You can find it on Amazon as well.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 8:48 AM Ken Martin via groups.io <kmartin537=surewest.net@groups.io> wrote:
A-West has a line of Stainless Needlepoint  bottles with different size tips.

Ken Martin

> On Dec 19, 2020, at 7:08 AM, John Hutnick <johnhutnick@...> wrote:
>
> My question about oilers is more basic.  Not who will sell me oil.  Who sells an actual precision oiler with different needle sizes?  I have tried medical hypodermic syringes, put the plunger disintegrates.

--
lloyd lehrer

--
lloyd lehrer

John Stutz

John

Syringes with rubber seals fail because the oil dissolvs the rubber.  If you require a syringe, you will need to find one with a plastic seal.

All of the precision oilers, that I recall, simply use a needle tip on a small bottle or tube, and inject oil by squeesing.  With a really fine tube, this actually works fairly well.  It can take a bit of pressure to move even quite light oil through at a drop by drop rate, with one of my A-West bottles.

John Stutz

On December 19, 2020 7:08 AM John Hutnick <johnhutnick@...> wrote:

My question about oilers is more basic.  Not who will sell me oil.  Who sells an actual precision oiler with different needle sizes?  I have tried medical hypodermic syringes, put the plunger disintegrates.

Mike Settle

Try these oilers sold by Timesavers to see if this is what you need. . Timesavers. They are made for the clock and watch repair business. I have dealt with them before and they are reliable. Clock repair is another one of my hobbies.

Mike Settle

John Stutz

Mike has pointed out an interesting supplier.  I noted that they offer some of the Bierchwood Casey metal surfacers, including a brass blackener, which wiil probably substitute for the now lost A-West blackener.

John Stutz