From: Dusty
Sent: Oct 1, 2020 8:26 PM
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: [HOn3] Grab iron spacing from body

I've been setting my grab irons out from the box car car sides using .030 x .060 styrene strip in various lengths for spacers. According to the chart on the Evergreen package that's 2 5/8 ". Does that sound about right?

Dusty Burman
623 261-8707

lloyd lehrer

I concur between 2.96" and 3.04" depending on stamped washers or cast washers.

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

I think it looks better at 2 15/16ths

--
lloyd lehrer

lloyd lehrer

How many threads should show on bolts would be the next critical issue to resolve.

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020, 8:47 PM lloyd lehrer via groups.io <lloydlehrer=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I concur between 2.96" and 3.04" depending on stamped washers or cast washers.

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020, 7:59 PM <Climax@...> wrote:
I think it looks better at 2 15/16ths

I've been setting my grab irons out from the box car car sides using .030 x .060 styrene strip in various lengths for spacers. According to the chart on the Evergreen package that's 2 5/8 ". Does that sound about right?

Dusty Burman
623 261-8707

--
lloyd lehrer

--
lloyd lehrer

claneon30

It’s five.

Chris Lane - Editor HOn3 Annual

On Oct 1, 2020, at 9:49 PM, lloyd lehrer <lloydlehrer@...> wrote:

How many threads should show on bolts would be the next critical issue to resolve.

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020, 8:47 PM lloyd lehrer via groups.io <lloydlehrer=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I concur between 2.96" and 3.04" depending on stamped washers or cast washers.

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020, 7:59 PM <Climax@...> wrote:
I think it looks better at 2 15/16ths

I've been setting my grab irons out from the box car car sides using .030 x .060 styrene strip in various lengths for spacers. According to the chart on the Evergreen package that's 2 5/8 ". Does that sound about right?

Dusty Burman
623 261-8707

--
lloyd lehrer

--
lloyd lehrer

Mike Conder

Except on later cars, the threads are so gummed up with paint that you need to cut half-thread depth to be realistic ...

Mike Conder