Looking for Kemtron C-16 (Original) Kit for sale or trade

Roger Clay

Hi! Burning Rio, a newbie here, looking for a Kemton C-16 Original kit. Over 40 years ago, I was building this kit, when I was offered a job at Precision Scale Company as a brass caster. I gave all my stuff to my brother to watch over until I got setup and settled. In the period of time that moving and settling took, he somehow accidentally tossed a box with a bunch of my NG projects.  The partially completed C-16 one of those projects in that box, MUCH to my horror!

I eventually forgave him (it was just as much my fault for not marking the box), and now that I have A LOT more time on my hands (thank you COVID-19), I want to "finish" what I started back in the day.

If you have or know of anyone with that kit, PLEASE drop me an email.

TIA -- Roger (AKA burning rio)

Ric Case

Roger contact me off list! Just went through a box of equipment purchased from an estate! Thought I saw it on the list. Nob no instructions but looks like everything is there! I will need to lay out everything on a sheet to verify what’s there! It does have the Nwsl gear box and can motor. I was going to re gear one of my Westside C-16 , thus the purchase originally!

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Sep 29, 2020, at 10:07 PM, Roger Clay <roger@...> wrote:

Hi! Burning Rio, a newbie here, looking for a Kemton C-16 Original kit. Over 40 years ago, I was building this kit, when I was offered a job at Precision Scale Company as a brass caster. I gave all my stuff to my brother to watch over until I got setup and settled. In the period of time that moving and settling took, he somehow accidentally tossed a box with a bunch of my NG projects.  The partially completed C-16 one of those projects in that box, MUCH to my horror!

I eventually forgave him (it was just as much my fault for not marking the box), and now that I have A LOT more time on my hands (thank you COVID-19), I want to "finish" what I started back in the day.

If you have or know of anyone with that kit, PLEASE drop me an email.

TIA -- Roger (AKA burning rio)

Roger Clay

Ric,

Did you get a reply from me yesterday? I am interested in your Modern C-16 kit.

— Roger

--
Roger Clay
Phone and TXT: 1-415-233-1290

Ric Case

Yes I did! Spent most of the day going through old invoices to see what I paid for it!
Not sure what it’s worth to you!
I can’t find any record for my purchase! Actually this is the first time I really laid everything out to look at it! I’m bad at buying something setting it aside and forget that I even have it!
I have a lot of car kits in boxes from thirty years plus back! lol
Make me a solid offer as what it’s worth to you! We’ll see how it works out !

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Oct 1, 2020, at 8:54 PM, Roger Clay <roger@...> wrote:

[...]

Because it it the Modern version, not as much as an Original or Intermediate kit as my era is the 1880s-early 1900s. You know, Roy of Roy’s Tains in Colorado Springs CO has two C-16 kits that he’s trying to determine the era and a sale price for me. He said that he will get back to me this weekend on this. Let me see what he comes up with. In any case, thanks SO much for taking the time on this.

— Roger

On Oct 1, 2020, at 6:57 PM, Ric Case <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:

Yes I did! Spent most of the day going through old invoices to see what I paid for it!
Not sure what it’s worth to you!
I can’t find any record for my purchase! Actually this is the first time I really laid everything out to look at it! I’m bad at buying something setting it aside and forget that I even have it!
I have a lot of car kits in boxes from thirty years plus back! lol

Roger Clay
The 7th Direction
Marin County, California
mobile & txt: 415-233-1290