did anybody make their own truck journal tuning tool?

lloyd lehrer

if so What did you use and what if your success like when using it.  I am thinking of cutting down a micromark one from SG to NG
lloyd lehrer, MANHATTAN BEACH, CA (310)951-9097

--
lloyd lehrer

Ric Case

Lloyd I have one that was made by the manufacturer years ago!
A friend had them produced after discussion at one of the national conventions. Unfortunately I have lost my spares to loaning out and not getting them back!
A few of them were lost due to deaths! Kids dispersed
 of modeling tools with out asking their modeling friends!
I can post pictures of both standard and broad gauge.

I will need to go up stairs later and retrieve the digital calipers!
Then I will post the statistics! If you want!

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Sep 26, 2020, at 8:01 PM, lloyd lehrer <lloydlehrer@...> wrote:

if so What did you use and what if your success like when using it.  I am thinking of cutting down a micromark one from SG to NG
lloyd lehrer, MANHATTAN BEACH, CA (310)951-9097

--
lloyd lehrer

lloyd lehrer

Thanks Ric, I sent a message to reboxx, the vendor that sold my Broad gauge Model T-100 one.  I was mostly interested in whether the point angle is different.  the length from point to back rounded end would vary depending on the truck.  Kadee axles are different from my standard of  Blackstone and the original MDC ones
.

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 5:16 PM Ric Case <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:
[...]

Mark Kasprowicz

I too had thought of shortening the HO version so I'd be interested to know if it is feasible.

Mark K
Oxon England.

Bruce

I have ordered a 1/8" diameter 2-flute 60 degree carbide end mill.  My plan is to shorten it to .33" then press on an end I designed and 3D printed.  See photos.  $11.18 (and $8.50 shipping).  If it works the printed end's length could be modified for different trucks if needed.

At least, that's my plan.

I'll let the group know how it works out.

With cinders in your eyes,
Bruce Bowie
419-602-3584
in2trains@...

Russ Norris

I'll spring for one Bruce.

Russ

On Sun, Sep 27, 2020, 1:27 PM Bruce <in2trains@...> wrote:
I have ordered a 1/8" diameter 2-flute 60 degree carbide end mill.  My plan is to shorten it to .33" then press on an end I designed and 3D printed.  See photos.  $11.18 (and $8.50 shipping).  If it works the printed end's length could be modified for different trucks if needed.

At least, that's my plan.

I'll let the group know how it works out.

With cinders in your eyes,
Bruce Bowie
419-602-3584
in2trains@...

Oh that's a brilliant idea ... I'd love one if it works!

Mike Conder