Topics

C & S Phase I Stock Cars?

Dusty

I'm in good shape for trucks. I have several pairs of PSC 3491. These are 4' wheelbase Rigid Steel Trussed Bolster trucks. According to the chart in the back of the Grandt Vol VIII Pictorial none of the C & S stock cars had the 4' A.S.F. CO. archbar.

Dusty Burman 

Don Peterson

You might check with Eric at RGM about the trucks. I just ordered a bunch of trucks from him a week or so ago. He still has some truck available.

Don Peterson

On Thursday, May 28, 2020, 12:27:17 PM MDT, Lawrence Wisniewski via groups.io <lwreno@...> wrote:

Harry Brunk did a good write up of his conversion of E&B valley D&RGW cars to phase 1 C&S cars.  He identified all of the steps needed to be done.  I have done 4 cars for both C&S and RGS using his article.  It's a fairly easy conversion, including modifying the doors.  The only problem you might have with it is if you insist on exact C&S trucks.   RGM made them, but he's no longer in business.  I just used Grandt or Blackstone 3'7" trucks on my cars.  Makes a good contrast in a string of Grandt Phase III cars.  Enjoy.  By the way, the article in question appears in Harry's Up Clear Creek Vol.II.  It was originally published in the NG&SLG but I can't recall the year.  It was later in the series.

-----Original Message-----
To: HOn3@groups.io
Sent: Thu, May 28, 2020 1:35 pm
Subject: [HOn3] C & S Phase I Stock Cars?

I'm  pondering the assembly of 2 or 3 stand in Phase I stock cars. I don't plan on trying to produce perfect replicas. I am willing to go a bit beyond swapping ends, doors and trucks on E & B cars. I'm trying to identify possible modifications and the effort vs visual benefits of each.

Experiences, opinions? Pretty much nothing written in ink yet.

Dusty Burman 
623 261-8707

Lawrence Wisniewski <lwreno@...>

Harry Brunk did a good write up of his conversion of E&B valley D&RGW cars to phase 1 C&S cars.  He identified all of the steps needed to be done.  I have done 4 cars for both C&S and RGS using his article.  It's a fairly easy conversion, including modifying the doors.  The only problem you might have with it is if you insist on exact C&S trucks.   RGM made them, but he's no longer in business.  I just used Grandt or Blackstone 3'7" trucks on my cars.  Makes a good contrast in a string of Grandt Phase III cars.  Enjoy.  By the way, the article in question appears in Harry's Up Clear Creek Vol.II.  It was originally published in the NG&SLG but I can't recall the year.  It was later in the series.

-----Original Message-----
To: HOn3@groups.io
Sent: Thu, May 28, 2020 1:35 pm
Subject: [HOn3] C & S Phase I Stock Cars?

I'm  pondering the assembly of 2 or 3 stand in Phase I stock cars. I don't plan on trying to produce perfect replicas. I am willing to go a bit beyond swapping ends, doors and trucks on E & B cars. I'm trying to identify possible modifications and the effort vs visual benefits of each.

Dusty Burman 
623 261-8707

Dusty

Dusty Burman 
623 261-8707