Steve Hatch

Robert Bell

Steve,

Any update on my order?

Rob Bell
Waynesville, NC

Jim Marlett

I’ve got one that is taking too long as well. It has been over a month and all I ordered were some Rollee Holders.

Jim Marlett
http://flatheaddrag.com/
http://jimmarlett.zenfolio.com/

On Feb 5, 2020, at 2:09 PM, Robert Bell via Groups.Io <ionhoss@...> wrote:

Steve,

Any update on my order?

Rob Bell
Waynesville, NC

Ric Case

Mine is well over a year!

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Feb 5, 2020, at 8:00 PM, Jim Marlett <jmarlett@...> wrote:

I’ve got one that is taking too long as well. It has been over a month and all I ordered were some Rollee Holders.

Jim Marlett
http://flatheaddrag.com/
http://jimmarlett.zenfolio.com/

On Feb 5, 2020, at 2:09 PM, Robert Bell via Groups.Io <ionhoss@...> wrote:

Steve,

Any update on my order?

Rob Bell
Waynesville, NC

Jim Marlett

Since several of us have not received orders from Railway Engineering, I have to ask – is Steve Hatch OK?

Jim Marlett
http://flatheaddrag.com/
http://jimmarlett.zenfolio.com/

Ric Case

I haven’t communicated with Steve for a while!
Hope everything is okay!
Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Feb 6, 2020, at 1:55 PM, Jim Marlett <jmarlett@cox.net> wrote:

Since several of us have not received orders from Railway Engineering, I have to ask – is Steve Hatch OK?

Jim Marlett
http://flatheaddrag.com/
http://jimmarlett.zenfolio.com/

Steve Hatch

Edited

Yes im here.
I havent been working on product ive been building my own railroad
I built a whole new room addition over the summer adding to my garage. That took the  whole summer and fall and just now finished the 20 x 20 addition.  Ill be doing orders again but  i wanted to get this 46 x 20 building finished.
I am too old to put it off.  (78)  I built the room by myself so it took awhile.
I'm sorry about your delayed orders. Hopefully now I can get to them.
-Steve

Ric Case

Yeah Steve iam hitting 70 this summer and see a lot of things that need to be done! My wife never has an end to her list!

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Feb 6, 2020, at 5:51 PM, Steve Hatch <hatch@...> wrote:

Yes im here.
I havent been working on prodict ive been building my own railroad
I built a whole ne room addition over the summer adding to my garage. Thay took the  whole summer and fall and just now finished the 20 x 20 addition.  Ill be doing orders again but  i wanted to get this 4y6 x 20 buolding finished.
I am too old to put it off.

Steve Hatch

 Here's the building addition that the summer used up.

http://www.railwayeng.com/9030railroad/Build/Addition.html

took a lot of work but it's done and I can continue the RR in the extra space.
-Steve

Russ Norris

Nice job, Steve.  Wish I had your construction skills.  I can see what kept you busy.

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020, 1:41 AM Steve Hatch <hatch@...> wrote:
 Here's the building addition that the summer used up.

http://www.railwayeng.com/9030railroad/Build/Addition.html

took a lot of work but it's done and I can continue the RR in the extra space.
-Steve

Don Bergman

Steve,

Looks good,   No storm damage 🙂   Waiting to see the bench work.

Don Bergman

Nice job, Steve.  Wish I had your construction skills.  I can see what kept you busy.

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020, 1:41 AM Steve Hatch <hatch@...> wrote:
 Here's the building addition that the summer used up.

http://www.railwayeng.com/9030railroad/Build/Addition.html

took a lot of work but it's done and I can continue the RR in the extra space.
-Steve

Jesse Day

Has anyone been able to reach Steve's website lately? I have sent several emails recently regarding an order I placed and had no replies and now I cant reach his website. Anybody heard anything?

Jesse Day

Mike Conder

Steve posted something recently that his website cratered and he's working on getting it back online.  Might take a few weeks.  He hangs out here and on the Sn3 email list, so maybe that's a way to contact him.

Mike Conder

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 7:32 PM <JesseADayii@...> wrote:
Has anyone been able to reach Steve's website lately? I have sent several emails recently regarding an order I placed and had no replies and now I cant reach his website. Anybody heard anything?

Jesse Day

Jesse Day

Hmmmmmm. That's exactly what I am waiting on. Last time I heard from Steve was back in August and he said his priority was " getting his layout completed, Period." but he did say that he would get to them in about a month. So I waited for a month and then sent him an email, no response. Then I waited another two weeks and sent another email, no response. Waited a month sent another and guess what? Yep, you got it, No Response! Now I am at the end of the time allowed to file a dispute through PayPal and honestly I really don't want to do that. I completely understand the trials and tribulations of trying to run your own company, and being a one man operation is even more difficult. But at the same time accepting money from customers and not fulfilling their orders is not the way to keep in business. At this point I am unsure what I will be doing. All I really want is the gauges to work on my own layout. Anybody out there have a couple code 40 and code 55 HOn3 Rollee Holders they might want to part with? Hopefully the $40 or so dollars I paid went to something worthwhile for Steve's layout.

Jesse Day

Mark,
Honestly, that is the exact same thought that went through my mind. But after I recently saw posts by him on a forum regarding his progress on his layout I wasn't so concerned. At the end of the day all I want is the track gauges because they are a truly unique and very handy tool, at least they would be if I could get my hands on them.

Mark Rosche

I wanted to also mention he has been posting layout progress pics to the various groups sonne is alive and kicking 😁. If you have access to a metal lathe (or someone who owns and operates one) the rollers are really easy to make yourself. You can even make them more precise by turning the grooves for the rail to match the rail manufacturers width (Micro Engineering is different than Peco for example)...naturally a bit of play is needed in the grooves to lay curves though 😀

Regards,

Mark

Don‘t take life too seriously...no one gets out alive anyway....

Mark Kasprowicz

Gentlemen,
Like others (like me) on this group, Steve is 'of an age', so when he makes something for someone he's probably regarding it as a favor and not income to keep body and soul together.  He's concntrating on his layout and he said quite plainly that it was his priority.
Jesse, your attitude is really generous and I have some of Steve gauges in 55 which I can spare snd am happy to send. Don't want anything in return. Might take a week or so as I'm in England.
Please get in touch - mark AT kaspro dot net
If that fails Mike Conder, list owner can contact me via Skype.

Mark K
Oxon England

Mark Kasprowicz

PS I can spare 6

Climax@...

How's he going to respond if indeed the site he is on has crashed?