San Juan Model Co (Grandtline)

Doug Junda

All,

A few thing about what we are doing, right from us directly.

  1. Tank Cars,
    1. we have the samples in,  they have been reviewed and changes submitted.
    2. We were a bit ahead of our selfs with the dates we had stated.   We took the companies word on a schedule, well that was misses by a mile.  They also did our Turnouts and were 8 months late with them.
    3. This is our first project of this kind,  so we didnot understand the true timing.  The HO tank cars were start by the old owners.
    4. We have learned our lesson about announcing things.
  2. communications -
    1. we have hired a woman to take call,  she will be in the office Mon, Tue and Thur from 11am to 2pm Mountain time.  Between running the machines and fixing them she will be able to answer most question.  She is new to the train world, so give her time to understand.
  3. Other projects (No DATE)
    1. we are redoing the Grandtline web site,  on the new one you will be able to order directly.
    2. The same will be true for the Leadville Shops.
  4. Rail Graphic-
    1. We have moved all of the equipment and are able to do custom decals.
  5. San Juan Car kits,
    1. we will slowly start bringing the old kits back in to inventory,  we are still working thru a few things.
Our priority has been to get the Grandtline products back in to inventory,  we are close on the parts and have started in to the structures,  next will be the rolling stock from Grandtline and then the engines.  That is a ruff time line for what we are working one.

IF you have sent us a order we are working on it, my wife and I come in on the weekends and try to get out as many orders as we can.

Doug

Doug Junda

BTW the number for the office is 303-284-5072.

Thanks

Doug

[...]

Mike Van Hove

Doug,

We’re all very glad to hear you are making progress.

I know what a major job you have on your hands.

Keep plugging away, BUT, don’t let this become an obsession.

Slow and steady will win the race.

Most of all, don’t let the work come between you and your wife.

Have a little time for yourselves, and she will appreciate that, I’m sure.

You are lucky to have a woman that is supportive of you in this endeavor.

Lots of luck to both of you.

Mike Van Hove
Columbia, Missouri

On Jan 29, 2020, at 11:35 AM, Doug Junda <djunda@...> wrote:

[...]

Doc Bond <boomer1944@...>

I'm an HOn30 guy but sometimes parts is parts... so Thank You for carry on and saving these parts for all of us to enjoy for the future.

Gordon Spalty

David Laverick

Doug,

What a generous act to share this outline with "the group”, it is a relatively small community we are apart of and seek to serve, but then our concerns and delight are all relatively small.  It is no small effort to design and make quality product and buying another company and transforming it back to quality productivity with some modest profit, well I honor you for what your doing. May the things you are learning not be too expensive and may God bless the work of you hands.
Thank’s for keeping these products alive for us and the next generation.

Dave

On Jan 29, 2020, at 8:22 PM, Doc Bond <boomer1944@...> wrote:

I'm an HOn30 guy but sometimes parts is parts... so Thank You for carry on and saving these parts for all of us to enjoy for the future.

Gordon Spalty

tom peterman

Doug, thanks for the update - much appreciated.  Can you provide an update about your plans on Grandt Line HOn3 trucks?
Thanks
Tom Peterman

Scott

Yeah what Tom said.

Is it possible to get some of the part number 5111 trucks even without the wheels and just frames to expedite things?

Scott McDonald