Topics

Rio Grande Models status?

Mark Lewis

Let's hope there is an interested person or group, that will acquire Eric's important line of model railroading products, for both current and future modelers to enjoy.

Mark Lewis
narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Wed, Jan 1, 2020 at 1:14 PM Mike Conder <vulturenest1@...> wrote:
The RGM Facebook is updated with this message:

"Some of you may have noticed the large "CLOSED" sign on the RGM website.

The website will be closing in 2020, but Rio Grande Models is still operating for now and will eventually be winding down as it is in its current form.

So place your orders and buy up all that you can before the kits truly become "limited editions".

Mike Conder

Mike Conder

The RGM Facebook is updated with this message:

"Some of you may have noticed the large "CLOSED" sign on the RGM website.

The website will be closing in 2020, but Rio Grande Models is still operating for now and will eventually be winding down as it is in its current form.

So place your orders and buy up all that you can before the kits truly become "limited editions".

Mike Conder

Andrew Thompson

Nothing on his Facebook page indicates an issue - he posted a photo on the 22d.  I'm not registered on Facebook; so I can't message, but maybe if someone else would...?  It's possible the website has been hijacked or there's a problem with the website service, has happened before.  I don't remember the specifics, but Trout Creek Engineering had to rebuild their website with a different url (.co instead of .com)

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Get Outlook for Android

From: HOn3@groups.io <HOn3@groups.io> on behalf of Climax@... <Climax@...>
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2019 11:50:13 AM
To: HOn3@groups.io <HOn3@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [HOn3] Rio Grande Models status?

Probably closed for the holidays.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Dec 30, 2019 10:17 AM
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: [HOn3] Rio Grande Models status?

Went to print order form and saw 'CLOSED' in big letters on their home page. Called Coronado and Sheldon said he was at their Web Site yesterday and didn't recall seeing 'CLOSED'. Anyone know what's  happening? Hope all is well.

Dusty Burman 
623 261-8707

Mark Lewis

If "CLOSED" is not the case at Rio Grande Models, it being printed across the main page of their website,  is ominous...at best. 

Eric might want to send out an explanation. 

Mark Lewis 

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019, 1:05 PM Dusty <Dustburm@q.com> wrote:
I just received an email response to my shipping question from RGM so maybe nothing unusual is going on.

Dusty Burman 
623 261-8707

Dusty

I just received an email response to my shipping question from RGM so maybe nothing unusual is going on.

Dusty Burman 
623 261-8707

tonyk537

That is new. Don't know when the CLOSED was posted on his site as I have the information printed out as with the order form. Hope its not permanent.  
Eric filled an order for me that I received 10 days ago.  

Climax@...

Probably closed for the holidays.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Dec 30, 2019 10:17 AM
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: [HOn3] Rio Grande Models status?

Went to print order form and saw 'CLOSED' in big letters on their home page. Called Coronado and Sheldon said he was at their Web Site yesterday and didn't recall seeing 'CLOSED'. Anyone know what's  happening? Hope all is well.

Dusty Burman 
623 261-8707

bassb04011

Sad day. Figured at some point Eric would shut down. 
Hope someone can pick up the line and continue his legacy.
Brian 

On Dec 30, 2019, at 10:17 AM, Dusty <dustburm@q.com> wrote:

Dusty Burman 
623 261-8707

Mark Lewis

Dusty:

I went on their website, earlier today and saw the same big red CLOSED message.

This is NOT good......

Mark Lewis
narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 10:17 AM Dusty <Dustburm@q.com> wrote:

Dusty Burman 
623 261-8707

Dusty

Dusty Burman 
623 261-8707