From: HOn3@groups.io <HOn3@groups.io> on behalf of Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...>
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2019 4:07 PM
To: HOn3@groups.io <HOn3@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [HOn3] D&RGW NG Signals

The East Broad Top used similar signals (also called order boards) to indicate whether the train needed to stop for orders or not.

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019, 5:53 PM Jeff Young <jeff@...> wrote:
Someone might be able to provide more accurate info, but as I understand it the signal (called an order board) indicated whether or not the conductor needed to stop at the depot to pick up new orders or not.

Cheers,
Jeff.

Mark Rosche

Hi All,

Many thanks to those of you who answered my query!!!

Regards,

Mark

Don‘t take life too seriously...no one gets out alive anyway....

Russ Norris

The East Broad Top used similar signals (also called order boards) to indicate whether the train needed to stop for orders or not.

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019, 5:53 PM Jeff Young <jeff@...> wrote:
Someone might be able to provide more accurate info, but as I understand it the signal (called an order board) indicated whether or not the conductor needed to stop at the depot to pick up new orders or not.

Cheers,
Jeff.

Jeff Young

Someone might be able to provide more accurate info, but as I understand it the signal (called an order board) indicated whether or not the conductor needed to stop at the depot to pick up new orders or not.

Cheers,
Jeff.

Mark Rosche

Hi All,

I have noticed in a few old photos that some depots had semaphore signals installed but could not decipher their actual use...I have searched far and wide for more information on the subject but have found nothing on signaling on the narrow gauge portions of the D&RGW...could anyone in the group provide some insight or references on how the semaphores (and any other types of signals) were used on the NG lines?

Many thanks!!!!