Topics

40th NNGC Update

Peter Smith

Greetings:

We have just added two special factory tours to the convention agenda. The first is to Gateway Rail Services, Inc. Gateway performs heavy overhaul repairs to passenger railcars for private owners as well as excursion railroads. We will tour the rebuild, fabrication and wheel shops. The company has about 140 old passenger and baggage cars dating to the 1920’s. After the tour you will be allowed to roam around and take photos. This tour is on Wednesday, September 2nd, Noon - 3:00 PM.

The second tour is to Continental Fabricators. Continental has special expertise in fabricating, restoring and rehabbing steam locomotive boilers. Presently they are producing a new pressure vessel, a 3 1/2 course boiler, and smoke box for Pennsylvania RR T1, No. 5550, 4-4-4-4 steam locomotive as well as a miniature boiler for the Wabash, Frisco & Pacific RR. This tour is on Thursday, September 3rd, 3:45 PM—5:15 PM.

Space is limited, first come first serve. You must sign up with the registrar along with a deposit of $10 to secure a place. The $10 will be refunded when you arrive at the tour site. See our web page, www.40nngc.com, under “Activities” for more details.

See you in St. Louis.

Pete Smith
40th NNGC