From: Brian Kopp
Sent: Jun 26, 2019 8:38 PM
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: [HOn3] hon3 collection labelling

I need some suggestions. I have enough of an HOn3 roster that a couple shelves of a Greenway Products display case are full. I have the info about each loco in an excel file with an item number for each loco. So the issue I need suggestions for is how do you like to label the individual locos for identification if they are on display in the case away from their boxes? I know for some of you this is not an issue because you can identify the makers on sight. But I am still learning to identify them and also thinking about the future if my wife or someone else had to handle the collection as it grew (hopefully someday to a second Greenway case).....I have tried string tags and also sticker circles on the bottom of the loco or tender but I am not really happy with either. I was thinking about putting velcro on the front edge of the shelf and using little velcro number tags at the shelf position, but I hate to cover the cherry wood of the Greenway case....

Thanks in advance,
Brian
Jacksonville, FL

Brian Kopp

Thanks Dave.

Jim Spencer

Another option if you already use DCC and DecoderPro is to input each loco into the roster. It includes columns for the loco number, railroad, owner, builder, and other criteria.

Brian Kopp

Dusty and Jim thanks for your ideas too.

Brian