Topics

Jacks Cabin / Villa Grove water tank

Ed Tibbetts

I want to build a water tank based on the Villa Grove / Jacks Cabin small water tank.
I have enough pictures, but would like to know the tank diameter and height.
Ed T.

Dale Buxton

RS Laser Kits makes a kit of it that is still on the market. Someone here or on the D&RG list said that the CRRM "No Agua" tank was based on the D&RG plans for these two tanks.

Dale

On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 12:46 PM Ed Tibbetts via Groups.Io <tippytib=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
I want to build a water tank based on the Villa Grove / Jacks Cabin small water tank.
I have enough pictures, but would like to know the tank diameter and height.
Ed T.

Brian Kopp

Here is my only photo with the "no agua" tank from my CRM visit last month. Sorry its not a better photo of the tank.

A research request to the CRM library may yield some plans.....

Brian Kopp
904-206-3453
brian@...

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 9:03 AM Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:
RS Laser Kits makes a kit of it that is still on the market. Someone here or on the D&RG list said that the CRRM "No Agua" tank was based on the D&RG plans for these two tanks.

Dale

On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 12:46 PM Ed Tibbetts via Groups.Io <tippytib=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
I want to build a water tank based on the Villa Grove / Jacks Cabin small water tank.
I have enough pictures, but would like to know the tank diameter and height.
Ed T.

Mark Lewis

Ed:

Here is the direct link to the RS Laser HO Jack's Cabin Water Tank..... http://www.rslaserkits.com/SCM-204-Jack%E2%80%99s-Cabin-Water-Tank_p_4125.html

Mark Lewis

Ed Tibbetts

Got some replies on the Sn3group. 12’ x 12’.  😊👍🚂

Earl Knoob

Another full scale reproduction exists at La Veta, CO on the San Luis & Rio Grande.  We wanted to build a water tank there for the steam program the SLRG had.  I still had/have an un-built Simpson Products Jacks Cabin Tank.  I copied the plans out of the kit for the contractor to build the tank.  The frostbox height was increased so the spout would be standard gauge height.  Sadly, the SLRG steam operation was shuttered before the tank was put into service.

Got some replies on the Sn3group. 12’ x 12’.  😊👍🚂

Margie & Larry Galkowski

Another from CRRM
Larry G

Brian Kopp

Great CRM photo. That side of the coaches was off limits to regular tourists like me last month.....

Brian Kopp
904-206-3453
brian@...

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 9:32 AM Margie & Larry Galkowski <margielarrygalkowski@...> wrote:
Another from CRRM
Larry G

Margie & Larry Galkowski

Brian
That was shot back on 3/2013 Train was not running. Had run of the lot. Seen it all.
Larry G