From: tonyk537 via Groups.Io <Tonyk375@...>
To: HOn3 <HOn3@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Jan 9, 2019 2:42 am
Subject: Re: [HOn3] NG truck identification

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 09:32 PM, Randy Hees wrote:
Was going to ask if the A&NM 2nd hand flat cars from the C&NW lines in the Black hills or Wisconsin.  But doubled checked the Narrow Gauge discussion group and a 2009 posting from Dave Grandt said they were most likely from Wisconsin.

Ken Martin

On Jan 14, 2019, at 9:43 PM, roundbell via Groups.Io <roundbell@...> wrote:

There is a C & NW (Wisconsin ) N G box car on display in a S G gon at the Duluth RR Mus. (Quite nice with a Mc Giffert log loader as a bonus. Didn't look to see if it had trucks.    Wayne Weiss

That is a Milwaukee car, I was told the name of the Original road but have forgotten it

There is a C&NW ng boxcar #10 at the Mid-Continent RR museum near Baraboo, WI. However it sits on Belvue and Cascade trucks.

Ken Martin

Mike Conder

Thanks for the info.

But after reading the RR of Az Vol 3 book (per the earlier recommendation) I think I need info on a Lichtfield car design circa 1883 or so.  (Amazing how much one forgets about a book read cover-to-conver over 30 years ago!).

Haven't checked out the Gazette or other magazine indices, that's the next step.

Mike Conder