Topics

Liquitex Ceramic Stucco

Dusty

Today while Estate Sailing I picked up an 8oz container of this stuff. Like thick texture paint. Does anyone have a modeling experience using this stuff or a similar material? Does it have a modeling application.

Thanks,
Dusty BurmanĀ

John Stutz

Dusty

This is basically a filled Acrylic Mat Medium, with drying characteristics similar to other Acrylic paints or mediums. The filler is probably similar to what is used in conventional stucco. It is intended for use by artists to build thick 3-D surfaces that retain some flexibility and accept a wide variety of paints. Won't be too useful for rock casting, as the surface against the mold will be the last to dry. May be best to think of it as a fine grained version of the Acrylic paint and sawdust mix that some advocate using as a scenery filler.

John Stutz

On 09/13/2018 11:15 AM, Dusty wrote:
Today while Estate Sailing I picked up an 8oz container of this stuff. Like thick texture paint. Does anyone have a modeling experience using this stuff or a similar material? Does it have a modeling application.
Thanks,
Dusty Burman

lloyd lehrer

Dusty, i used it on a plastic small station and made a spreader from some scrap styrene. I added thinned color to the portion I used and got a very thin spread on. It looks just like the real thing. Took about a half day of summer day to dry.

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

--
lloyd lehrer