From: Mark Kasprowicz
Sent: Jun 18, 2018 2:54 AM
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: [HOn3] Boone Morrison

I don't know if it has been mentioned here and apologies if it has, but Boone Morrison passed away at his home on 8th April this year. He was 77. He wrote a series of articles in the Gazette about his HOn3 North Pacific Coast RR quite a few years ago before switching to On3. He included some very handy and innovative techniques. He was also an architect and a photographer having studied under Ansel Adams.

Mark K
Oxon England.

Steven Haworth

Very sad news. I I always loved his work and writing.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018, 1:55 AM Mark Kasprowicz <marowicz@...> wrote:
I don't know if it has been mentioned here and apologies if it has, but Boone Morrison passed away at his home on 8th April this year. He was 77. He wrote a series of articles in the Gazette about his HOn3 North Pacific Coast RR quite a few years ago before switching to On3. He included some very handy and innovative techniques. He was also an architect and a photographer having studied under Ansel Adams.

Mark K
Oxon England.

Jim Spencer

I think Boone also ran the Volcano NP bookstore/gift shop on the Big Island. He’d be out of business right now.
Jim

On Jun 18, 2018, at 10:13 AM, Steven Haworth <haworth7@...> wrote:

Very sad news. I I always loved his work and writing.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018, 1:55 AM Mark Kasprowicz <marowicz@...> wrote:
I don't know if it has been mentioned here and apologies if it has, but Boone Morrison passed away at his home on 8th April this year. He was 77. He wrote a series of articles in the Gazette about his HOn3 North Pacific Coast RR quite a few years ago before switching to On3. He included some very handy and innovative techniques. He was also an architect and a photographer having studied under Ansel Adams.

Mark K
Oxon England.

asandrini

Mark,

Thank you for mentioning his passing. Although I had only met him one, we used to speak once or twice a week when I had my hobby shop.  When he was modeling in HOn30, I sold him an On30 brass Shay. It turned out to be an old Kemtron Shay and he built a small diorama for it. Soon after, he changed to On30.

Boone lived in Volcano, Hawaii; which has now been evacuated due to the volcanic eruptions.

Al